In this MD-100 course, you will learn how to support and configure Windows desktops in an organizational environment. You'll also learn how to install, customize, and update Windows 10 and later operating systems. Also, you'll learn how to manage storage, files, and devices as well as how to configure network connectivity for Windows. Lastly, you'll learn how to secure the Windows OS and protect the data on the device and how to manage and troubleshoot Windows clients
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam, which is included in your course package. Please note that this course is part 1 of the 2 courses that are required in order to achieve the Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate Certification. Part 2 is the Managing Modern Desktops (MD-101).
You´ll have the perfect starting point for your training with these prerequisites:
- Basic understanding of computer networks and hardware concepts.
- Basic understanding of OS and Application concepts.
- Experience with using the Windows OS.
Using our engaging learning methodology using a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
Curriculum for MD-100
- This module covers installing the Windows client OS. Students will learn the different editions of Windows client, requirements, and new features introduced. This module covers how to install the OS, as well as methods for migrations and upgrading. Students will also learn about common tools used in the deployment process.
- Introducing Windows Client
- Windows Client Editions and Requirements
- Installation Methods
- Upgrading and Migrating Windows Clients
- Deployment Methods
Configuring Authorization & Authentication
- This module introduces the tools and features of Windows for authorizing access to Windows clients. Students will learn about methods for how users sign-in to Windows. This module also covers restricting what users can or cannot do on a device through methods like UAC and account types.
- Managing Users and Groups
- Configuring User Account Control
- Implementing Device Registration
Post-installation Configuration and Personalization
- This module covers common post-installation tasks in Windows client. Students will learn how to customize the user interface, as well as using the control panel and settings app to configure common OS settings. This course will also introduce students to Windows PowerShell. This module will cover how device drivers work and how they work. Students will also be introduced to managing and configuring hardware peripherals such as printers.
- Configure and Customize the Windows Start Menu
- Common Configuration Options
- Advanced Configuration Methods
- Managing Drivers and Devices
- In this module, Students will learn about keeping Windows clients up-to-date. Students will be introduced to the new Windows servicing model and how it applies to various scenarios. Students will learn the various different methods for updating Windows and applications, as well as managing updates using tools like group policy and Windows Update for Business.
- Windows Servicing Model
- Updating Windows
- In this module, Students will learn about networking concepts. This module will introduce to IPv4 and IPv6, and concepts like DNS. Students will learn how to configure network settings in Windows, as well as learn about wireless network technologies. The module will conclude with methods of managing Windows remotely.
- Configure IP Network Connectivity
- Implement Name Resolution
- Implement Wireless Network Connectivity
- Remote Access Overview
- Remote Management
- This module covers storage configuration and management in Windows 10. Students will be introduced to local, cloud and virtual storage options. This course will also cover configuring storage on client devices and introduce storage spaces.
- Managing Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
Configuring Data Access and Usage
- In this module, Students will learn about permissions. This module will cover considerations for different files systems. Students will learn how to configure file and folder permissions as well as shared folders. Students will also learn configuring settings through methods such as local and group policy. The module will conclude with configuring OneDrive and Work Folders.
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Managing User Files
Managing Apps in Windows Client
- In this module, Students will be introduced to App management in Windows. This module will cover the different types of apps and supported installation methods. Students will learn how to install apps using manual and automated methods, as well as manage app delivery using the Windows Store. Finally, this module will cover managing Microsoft Edge.
- Providing Apps to Users
- Managing Universal Windows Apps
- Managing the Microsoft Edge Browser
Configuring Threat Protection and Advanced Security
- This module introduces students to protecting devices from external threats. Students will learn about the different types of common threats. This module will teach students about using encryption, firewalls, and IPSec to help protect against threats. The module will conclude with how to configure and use Windows Defender and AppLocker.
- Malware and Threat Protection
- Microsoft Defender
- Connection Security Rules
- Advanced Protection Methods
Supporting the Windows Client Environment
- This module will cover the Windows architecture and common environments. Students will be introduced to the various tools used in maintaining Windows. This module will also discuss methodologies for effectively troubleshooting issues and how to proactively manage and optimize Windows .
- Windows Architecture
- Support and Diagnostic Tools
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Computer Performance
Troubleshooting Files & Applications
- This module helps students plan for file backup and recovery. Students will learn how to plan and configure data protection strategies and how to perform various file and system recovery methods. This module also includes common methods for troubleshooting application installation issues, compatibility issues, and resolving browser issues.
- File Recovery in Windows
- Application Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting the OS
- In this module, Students will learn how to troubleshoot startup and service issues related to the operating system. This module will teach the different startup and recovery options, and how to troubleshoot different Windows services.
- Troubleshooting Windows Startup
- Troubleshooting Operating System Service Issues
Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers
- This module introduces hardware troubleshooting. Students will learn about driver management and how to troubleshoot devices. Students will also learn steps for troubleshooting system hardware and external peripherals such as USB drives and printers, including diagnostic methods and remediation.
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.