course: Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305)
Duration: 4 day(s)
Format: [Dictionary item: Virtual or Classroom]
Prepares for Exam : Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions (AZ-305)
Prepares for Certification : Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
This course teaches Solutions Architects how to translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions. You will learn about virtualization, automation, networking, storage, identity, security, data platform, and application infrastructure. This course outlines how decisions in each theses area affects an overall solution.
Great course to get a good understanding of the Azure Architecture and what areas to focus on. Awesome instructor, deep knowledge on Azure and an excellent way to explain complicated stuff.
Easy to attend over Teams and an excellent instructor gave me great value for the time I invested.
Your Personal Learning Program will provide the skills you need, to help you do more of what you love. The 3-step learning program is built to teach you real applicable skills that open opportunities for you.
The Readynez365 platform provides an enhanced digital pathway for all your learning elements, from pre-studies to exam, making it the most direct route to new tech Skills. Pick what you want (and need) to get up to speed. It´s all laid out for you in Readynez365 well in advance of your courses.
The training methodology is designed for the virtual classroom to inspire and engage you with a variation of hands-on training, presentations, labs and tests. You’ll also be glad to know that Virtual instructor-led training is loved by managers - it is the most cost-effective way to train.
There´s a maximum number of learners in the class to ensure your easy access to personal coaching. You’ll meet accredited expert instructors that are seasoned IT Professionals and Consultants certified to the highest level and bringing real-world experience into the classroom.
We´ll cover the ins and outs of the subject so that you can apply it in your day-to-day work, and you’ll even learn the specifics that you need to know for the exam. It’s your choice whether to sit the exam, or not, but with our detailed guides and hotline, we’ll make it easy to access your exam voucher, and schedule and sit the exam online
Your access to training is unlimited and you can train as much as you want until you successfully pass your exam.
Train with a clear conscience with training that makes a 96% lower carbon footprint compared to in-classroom training. Our organisation operates with minimal environmental impact and we´ve reduced our Co2 emission with 96% since 2020.We are compliant with the ISO 14001 throughout our entire supply chain as your guarantee for our sustainable business practices.
- Monitor security
- Monitor performance
- Monitor health and availability
- Monitor cost
- Configure advanced logging
- Initiate automated responses by using Action Groups
- Configure and manage advanced alerts
- Select storage account options based on a use case
- Configure Azure Files and Azure Blob storage
- Configure network access to the storage account
- Implement Shared Access Signatures and access policies
- Implement Azure AD authentication for storage
- Manage access keys
- Implement Azure storage replication
- Implement Azure storage account failover
- Configure High Availability
- Configure storage for VMs
- Select virtual machine size
- Implement Azure Dedicated Hosts
- Deploy and configure scale sets
- Configure Azure Disk Encryption
- Save a deployment as an Azure Resource Manager template
- Modify Azure Resource Manager template
- Evaluate location of new resources
- Configure a VHD template
- Deploy from a template
- Manage an image library
- Create and execute an automation runbook
- Implement VNet to VNet connections
- Implement VNet peering
- Add custom domains
- Configure Azure AD Identity Protection
- Implement self-service password reset
- Implement Conditional Access including MFA
- Configure fraud alerts
- Configure verification methods
- Implement and manage guest accounts
- Manage multiple directories
- Install and configure Azure AD Connect
- Identity synchronization options
- Configure and manage password sync and password writeback
- Configure single sign-on
- Configure Azure AD Connect cloud sync
- Use Azure AD Connect Health
- Migrate workloads using Azure Migrate
- Implement Azure Backup for VMs
- Implement disaster recovery
- Implement Azure Automation Update Management
- Implement Azure Load Balancer
- Implement an Azure Application Gateway
- Implement Web Application Firewall
- Implement Azure Firewall
- Implement Azure Firewall Manager
- Implement Azure Front Door
- Implement Azure Traffic Manager
- Implement Network Security Groups and Application Security Groups
- Implement Bastion
- Create and manage hierarchical structure that contains management groups, subscriptions and resource groups
- Assign RBAC roles
- Create a custom RBAC role
- Configure access to Azure resources by assigning roles
- Configure management access to Azure
- Interpret effective permissions
- Set up and perform an access review
- Implement and configure Azure Policy
- Implement and configure Azure Blueprints
- Implement and configure Key Vault
- Implement and configure Managed Identities
- Register and manage applications in Azure AD
- Create and configure Azure App Service
- Create an App Service Web App for Containers
- Create and configure an App Service plan
- Configure App Service
- Configure networking for an App Service
- Create and manage deployment slots
- Implement Logic Apps
- Implement Azure Functions
- Create a container image
- Configure Azure Kubernetes Service
- Publish and automate image management by using the Azure Container Registry
- Deploy a solution on an Azure Container Instance
- Configure Azure Storage account tables
- Select appropriate Cosmos DB APIs
- Set up replicas in Cosmos DB
- Configure Azure SQL database settings
- Implement Azure SQL managed instances
- Configure HA for an Azure SQL database
- Deploy an Azure SQL database
- Recommend a solution for cost management and cost reporting
- Recommend solutions to minimize costs
- Determine levels and storage locations for logs
- Plan for integration with monitoring tools including Azure Monitor and Azure Sentinel
- Recommend appropriate monitoring tool(s) for a solution
- Choose a mechanism for event routing and escalation
- Recommend a logging solution for compliance requirements
- Recommend a solution for single-sign on
- Recommend a solution for authentication
- Recommend a solution for Conditional Access, including multi-factor authentication
- Recommend a solution for network access authentication
- Recommend a solution for a hybrid identity including Azure AD Connect and Azure AD
- Recommend a solution for user self-service
- Recommend and implement a solution for B2B integration
- NOT: federation with ADFS or PingFederate
- Choose an authorization approach
- Recommend a hierarchical structure that includes management groups, subscriptions and resource groups
- Recommend an access management solution including RBAC policies, access reviews, role assignments, Privileged
- Recommend a strategy for tagging
- Recommend a solution for using Azure Policy
- Recommend a solution for using Azure Blueprints
- Recommend a solution that leverages Azure Resource Graph
- Recommend a solution that includes Key Vault
- Recommend a solution that includes Managed Identities
- Recommend a solution for integrating applications into Azure AD
- Select an appropriate data platform based on requirements
- Recommend database service tier sizing
- Recommend a solution for database scalability
- Recommend a solution for encrypting data at rest, data in transmission, and data in use
- Recommend a data flow to meet business requirements
- Recommend a solution for data integration, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Lake, Azure
- Select an appropriate storage account
- Choose between storage tiers
- Recommend a storage access solution
- Recommend storage management tools
- Recommend a recovery solution for Azure hybrid and on-premises workloads that meets recovery objectives (RTO, RLO, RPO)
- Design and Azure Site Recovery solution
- Recommend a solution for recovery in different regions
- Recommend a solution for geo-redundancy of workloads
- Recommend a solution for Azure Backup management
- Design a solution for data archiving and retention
- Recommend a solution for application and workload redundancy, including compute, database, and storage
- Recommend a solution for autoscaling
- Identify resources that require high availability
- Identify storage types for high availability
- Recommend a solution for compute provisioning
- Determine appropriate compute technologies, including virtual machines, App Services, Service Fabric, Azure Functions, Windows Virtual Desktop, Batch, HPC and containers
- Recommend a solution for containers
- Recommend a solution for automating compute management
- Recommend a network architecture (hub and spoke, Virtual WAN)
- Recommend a solution for network addressing and name resolution
- Recommend a solution for network provisioning
- Recommend a solution for network security including Private Link, firewalls, gateways, network segmentation (perimeter networks/DMZs/NVAs)
- Recommend a solution for network connectivity to the Internet, on-premises networks,
- Recommend a solution for automating network management
- Recommend a solution for load balancing and traffic routing
- Recommend a microservices architecture including Event Grid, Event Hubs, Service Bus, Azure Queue Storage, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Service Fabric, AKS, Azure App Configuration and webhooks
- Recommend an orchestration solution for deployment and maintenance of applications including ARM templates, Azure Automation, Azure Pipelines, Logic Apps, or Azure Functions
- Recommend a solution for API integration
- Assess and interpret on-premises servers, data, and applications for migration
- Recommend a solution for migrating applications and VMs
- Recommend a solution for migration of databases
- Determine migration scope, including redundant, related, trivial, and outdated data
- Recommend a solution for migrating data (Storage Migration Service, Azure Data Box, Azure File Sync-based migration to hybrid file server)
Meet some of the Readynez Instructors you can meet on your course. They are experts, passionate about what they do, and dedicated to give back to their industry, their field, and those who want to learn, explore, and advance in their careers.
Tiago Costa is Microsoft MVP and a Cloud Architect and Advisor and International speaker on the Microsoft Cloud.
Ed is a Microsoft MVP for many years and has authored several Microsoft Official Curriculum Courses for Azure, Windows Server and Windows.
Rolf is a Microsoft MVP and an expert in Azure Cloud Architecture, Server & Enterprise Architecture, and Azure Active Directory.
You´ll have the perfect starting point for your training with these prerequisites: Experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking. Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks. Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies. Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP). Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
With 15 years experience and more than 35.000 happy customers from all over the world, companies such as ALSO, ATEA, Microsoft, Serco, and many more, trust Readynez to help them train and certify their staff.
These are just some of the many major brands trusting Readynez.
Achieving the Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate certification is not an easy task, but with your Readynez Course and Learning Program we’ve done everything we can to support you from start to finish, ensuring you have the optimal conditions to succeed. That includes the best resources available to help you prepare, including relevant online courses, access to practical labs, practice test for Exam prep, study guides, exam support and guides etc, all made easily accessible to you in our Learning Platform. If you select our Virtual Training option, you also contribute to a more sustainable world with a reduction in CO2 emission of 96% compared to the in-classroom option.VIEW COURSE
Achieving the Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate certification is not an easy task, but with your Readynez Course and Learning Program we’ve done everything we can to support you from start to finish, ensuring you have the optimal conditions to succeed. That includes the best resources available to help you prepare, including relevant online courses, access to practical labs, practice test for Exam prep, study guides, exam support and guides etc, all made easily accessible to you in our Learning Platform. If you select our Virtual Training option, you also contribute to a more sustainable world with a reduction in CO2 emission of 96% compared to the in-classroom option.VIEW COURSE
The Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) Certification is a professional certification that demonstrates an individual's proficiency in designing and implementing solutions on Microsoft Azure, a cloud computing platform. It validates the skills required to become an Azure Solutions Architect, including expertise in compute, storage, network, and security services, as well as the ability to design solutions that meet business requirements.
The Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) exam typically consists of around 40-60 multiple-choice questions, which vary in difficulty and may include case studies, scenarios, and simulations. The actual number of questions can vary as Microsoft continually updates the exam to reflect changes in the Azure platform.
The Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) examination cost varies by country or region, but generally, it is around USD 165. Candidates can register and schedule their exams through the Microsoft website or a certified testing center.
The passing score for the Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) exam is not fixed, as it depends on the difficulty level of the questions in a particular exam. However, Microsoft generally sets the passing score at around 70%, meaning that a candidate needs to correctly answer at least 70% of the questions to pass the exam.
The Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) exam time limit is 180 minutes (3 hours). However, the actual duration may vary slightly depending on the language in which the exam is taken and the testing center's policies. Candidates are advised to arrive early and be prepared for the exam's duration to avoid any last-minute stress.
The Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) certification is valid for two years from the date that it is earned. After these two years, the certification becomes inactive, and the candidate must recertify by passing a renewal assessment on Microsoft Learn.
Yes, the Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) certification does expire after two years from the date that it is earned. This means that the candidate must recertify by passing a renewal assessment on Microsoft Learn.
The Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) exam prerequisites include a solid understanding of cloud computing concepts, such as Azure services and features, security, compliance, and automation. In addition, the candidate should have experience in designing and implementing solutions that run on Microsoft Azure.
Yes, the Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) exam requires previous experience working with Azure services and features. Candidates should have a solid understanding of cloud computing concepts, as well as experience in designing and implementing solutions that run on Microsoft Azure.
The difficulty of the Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) exam depends on the candidate's level of experience and knowledge of Azure services and features. However, it is generally considered to be a challenging exam that requires a significant amount of preparation and study to pass. Candidates must demonstrate their ability to design and implement solutions that meet specific business requirements using Azure services and features.
The preparation time for the Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) exam varies depending on an individual's experience and skill level. However, on average, it takes around 2-3 months of rigorous preparation to pass the exam. Readynez, the digital skills concierge service, can help professionals prepare for the AZ-305 exam with their intensive training. These training courses offer a focused and immersive learning experience that helps participants gain the necessary knowledge and skills to pass the certification exam in a short period.
The salary after passing the Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) certification varies depending on the organization and location. According to the data from Payscale, the average salary for an Azure Solutions Architect in the US ranges from $101,000 to $172,000 per year. However, individuals with an AZ-305 certification can expect to earn higher salaries as they possess the skills and expertise required to design and implement Azure solutions effectively.
Yes, the Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) certification is worth it as it validates a professional's expertise in designing and implementing Azure solutions. The certification demonstrates that an individual has the skills and knowledge to create and deploy cloud-based solutions using Azure services. It opens up a plethora of opportunities for professionals, including high-paying job roles, career advancement, and recognition in the industry.
The Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) exam is conducted at a testing centre or online. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions and is proctored remotely to ensure the integrity of the exam. The exam measures the candidate's skills in various areas, such as designing and implementing storage solutions, security, networking, and computing services in Azure.
To get the Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) certification, individuals need to pass the AZ-305 certification exam. The exam is available at local testing centres and online and can be taken remotely from anywhere in the world. Candidates can register for the exam through the Microsoft certification website and schedule the exam at their convenience.
To prepare for the Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-305) certification exam, professionals can follow a structured approach that includes learning the concepts, practicing with hands-on labs, and taking practice exams. Microsoft provides official study materials, including online courses, virtual labs, and practice exams, to help professionals prepare for the exam. Additionally, Readynez offers courses that provide intensive training and hands-on experience to help professionals pass the exam in a short period.
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.