The ISO 27001 Lead Implementer course is a PECB (Professional Evaluation and Certification Board) official course. The three-day intensive course will help you develop the skills needed to implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS), as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam(s) and certification(s), which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
Our course participants come from varied backgrounds and have different attributes.
To make sure you have the best possible chances of benefitting from the course, we are available for you to discuss your goals and general expectations to your learning and results.
Generally though, we do recommend that you have a fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
Using our engaging learning methodology using a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
You will learn the following content:
Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO 27001; Initiating an ISMS
Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Presentation of the standards ISO 27001, ISO 27002 and ISO 27003 and regulatory framework
- Fundamental principles of Information Security
- Preliminary analysis and establishment of the level of the maturity level of an existing information security management system based on ISO 21827
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of an ISMS
- Planning the implementation of an ISMS based on ISO 27001
Defining the scope of an ISMS
- Development of an ISMS and information security policies
- Selection of the approach and methodology for risk assessment
- Risk management: identification, analysis and treatment of risk (drawing on guidance from ISO 27005)
- Drafting the Statement of Applicability
- Implementing an ISMS based on ISO 27001
Implementation of a document management framework
- Design of controls and writing procedures
- Implementation of controls
- Development of a training & awareness program and communicating about the information security
- Incident management (based on guidance from ISO 27035)
- Operations management of an ISMS
- Controlling, monitoring,measuring and improving an ISMS; certification audit of the ISMS
Controlling and Monitoring the ISMS
- Development of metrics, performance indicators and dashboards in accordance with ISO 27004
- ISO 27001 internal Audit
- Management review of an ISMS
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Preparing for an ISO 27001 certification audit
The Virtual Classroom is an online forum, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Your prereading sits in your personal space at readynez.com: My Readynez. Simply log in, find your course and start your preparations.
Your exam voucher is usually included in your virtual training package. When you´re ready to sit your exam, you just book it. You can sit most exams from home or at a local test centre. We’re here to help you with that process.