Achieving the GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)certification is not an easy task, but with your Readynez Course and Learning Program we’ve done everything we can to support you from start to finish, ensuring you have the optimal conditions to succeed. That includes the best resources available to help you prepare, including relevant online courses, access to practical labs, practice test for Exam prep, study guides, exam support and guides etc, all made easily accessible to you in our Learning Platform. If you select our Virtual Training option, you also contribute to a more sustainable world with a reduction in CO2 emission of 96% compared to the in-classroom option.
The GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) training course is designed for individuals seeking a comprehensive understanding of cybersecurity principles and practices. It is suitable for aspiring cybersecurity professionals, IT personnel, and system administrators. The course covers topics such as security principles and policies, network security, security assessment and auditing, security controls and technologies, incident response and handling, and cryptography. By completing the course and obtaining the GSEC certification, individuals demonstrate their proficiency in foundational cybersecurity concepts and gain knowledge in securing networks, assessing vulnerabilities, implementing security controls, and responding to security incidents. The certification validates their expertise in essential security areas and enhances their credibility in the cybersecurity field.
Readynez is the best training provider I've used for many years. Their customer service is first class, prices are very competitive and instruction excellent.
Easy to attend over Teams and an excellent instructor gave me great value for the time I invested.
Your Personal Learning Program will provide the skills you need, to help you do more of what you love. The 3-step learning program is built to teach you real applicable skills that open opportunities for you.
The Readynez365 platform provides an enhanced digital pathway for all your learning elements, from pre-studies to exam, making it the most direct route to new tech Skills. Pick what you want (and need) to get up to speed. It´s all laid out for you in Readynez365 well in advance of your courses.
The training methodology is designed for the virtual classroom to inspire and engage you with a variation of hands-on training, presentations, labs and tests. You’ll also be glad to know that Virtual instructor-led training is loved by managers - it is the most cost-effective way to train.
There´s a maximum number of learners in the class to ensure your easy access to personal coaching. You’ll meet accredited expert instructors that are seasoned IT Professionals and Consultants certified to the highest level and bringing real-world experience into the classroom.
We´ll cover the ins and outs of the subject so that you can apply it in your day-to-day work, and you’ll even learn the specifics that you need to know for the exam. It’s your choice whether to sit the exam, or not, but with our detailed guides and hotline, we’ll make it easy to access your exam voucher, and schedule and sit the exam online
Your access to training is unlimited and you can train as much as you want until you successfully pass your exam.
Train with a clear conscience with training that makes a 96% lower carbon footprint compared to in-classroom training. Our organisation operates with minimal environmental impact and we´ve reduced our Co2 emission with 96% since 2020.We are compliant with the ISO 14001 throughout our entire supply chain as your guarantee for our sustainable business practices.
- Fundamental theory of access control and the role of passwords in managing access control.
- Critical aspect of contingency planning with a business continuity plan and disaster recovery plan
- Purpose, implementation, and background of the Critical Security Controls
- Basic concepts of cryptography
- High-level understanding of the major types of cryptosystems and steganography.
- Understand the mathematical concepts that contribute to cryptography
- Identify commonly used symmetric, asymmetric, and hashing cryptosystems.
- High-level understanding of the use, functionality, and operation of VPNs, GPG, and PKI
- Defense in depth is and an identify the key areas of security
- Demonstrate the different strategies for implementing effective security within an organization.
- How to architect a network to be monitored and controlled to resist intrusion.
- Basic understanding of the function and uses of endpoint security devices, such as endpoint firewalls, HIDS, and HIPS
- High-level understanding of the features of Group Policy and working with INF security templates
- Concepts of incident handling and the processes pertaining to incident handling.
- Cyber security risk management including identification of the steps of the Threat Assessment process
- A variety of Linux operating systems, including mobile systems, to better understand how to configure and secure Linux.
- Gain visibility into a Linux system to be able to secure and harden the system.
- Use of system baselines, log files, and other tools common to Linux operating systems in order to better monitor systems for signs of attack.
- How to use key security utilities and tools that are available for Linux systems to enhance system security.
- Demonstrate a high-level understanding of the importance of logging, the setup and configuration of logging, and log analysis with the assistance of SIEMs
- Understand important attack methods and basic defensive strategies to mitigate those threats.
- Basic understanding of the risks of network devices and how to secure them.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the function and uses of network security devices, such as, firewalls, NIDS, and NIPS
- Demonstrate an understanding of the properties and functions of network protocols and network protocol stacks.
- Take basic measures in securing Windows network services such as IPSec, IIS, and Remote Desktop Services
- The purpose and components of policy.
- Basic understanding of the risks of virtualization and cloud services and how to secure them.
- Concepts and relationship behind reconnaissance, resource protection, risks, threats, and vulnerabilities
- Preliminary abilities to create network maps and perform penetration testing techniques
- Demonstrate understanding of web application security and common vulnerabilities including CGI, cookies, SSL and active content.
- Permission application in the Windows NT File System, Shared Folders, Printers, Registry Keys, and Active Directory, and Privileges
- Understand how to manage updates for a network of Windows hosts.
- Techniques and technologies used to audit Windows hosts.
- Identify the differences between types of Windows OSes and how Windows manages groups and accounts, locally and with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Basic understanding of the misconceptions and risks of wireless networks and how to secure them.
Meet some of the Readynez Instructors you can meet on your course. They are experts, passionate about what they do, and dedicated to give back to their industry, their field, and those who want to learn, explore, and advance in their careers.
Kevin has served for years as an authorised instructor for (ISC)2 and is renowned for his 20-year contribution to learners training for IT security skills
James is recognised for his more than 20 years of contribution to learning and certification within IT Security.
Friedhelm Düsterhöft has 30+ years of work experience in IT, Information Security and Data Privacy.
At Readynez, we provide many resources and have experienced experts in the field. That is why we are also very successful with many satisfied customers. You can therefore safely take your course with us. In order to take the GSEC course, however, some prerequisites are required.
You have the perfect starting point to take this course with these prerequisites:
With 15 years experience and more than 35.000 happy customers from all over the world, companies such as ALSO, ATEA, Microsoft, Serco, and many more, trust Readynez to help them train and certify their staff.
These are just some of the many major brands trusting Readynez.
The GCFE (GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner) course teaches you how to conduct digital forensic investigations on Windows systems. You will learn how to acquire and analyze evidence from various sources, such as hard drives, memory, registry, event logs, browser history, and email. You will also learn how to use various tools and techniques, such as FTK Imager, Autopsy, Timeline Explorer, Log2Timeline, Shellbags Explorer, and Prefetch Parser, to recover deleted files, identify malware artifacts, and reconstruct user activity. The course prepares you for the GCFE certification exam that validates your skills in Windows forensic analysis.VIEW COURSE
The GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler) course teaches you how to detect, respond to, and resolve computer security incidents. You will learn how to identify and analyze common attack techniques, such as phishing, malware, denial of service, web application attacks, and credential theft. You will also learn how to use various tools and frameworks, such as NIST SP 800-61, MITRE ATT&CK, SIFT Workstation, Volatility, Wireshark, and tcp dump, to investigate and contain incidents. The course prepares you for the GCIH certification exam that validates your skills in incident handling and response.VIEW COURSE
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.