The goal of this four-day accelerated course is to provide professionals with the basic hardware, software, and networking skills necessary to function in a variety of information technology positions.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
Students who are successful in the A+ certification preparation course should possess:
- Experience building a computer, set up devices in Windows OS
- Knowledge in how to set up home network (ISP connection)
- Familiar with Windows desktop Environment (Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, and XP)
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
CompTIA A+ 220-901 topics:
- Given a scenario, configure settings and use BIOS/UEFI tools on a PC.
- Explain the importance of motherboard components, their purpose and properties.
- Compare and contrast various RAM types and their features.
- Install and configure PC expansion cards.
- Install and configure storage devices and use appropriate media.
- Install various types of CPUs and apply the appropriate cooling methods.
- Compare and contrast various PC connection interfaces, their characteristics and purpose.
- Install a power supply based on given specifications.
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate components for a custom PC configuration to meet customer specifications or needs.
- Compare and contrast types of display devices and their features.
- Identify common PC connector types and associated cables.
- Install and configure common peripheral devices.
- Install SOHO multifunction device/printers and configure appropriate settings.
- Compare and contrast differences between the various print technologies and the associated imaging process.
- Given a scenario, perform appropriate printer maintenance.
- Identify the various types of network cables and connectors.
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of connectors and cabling.
- Explain the properties and characteristics of TCP/IP.
- Explain common TCP and UDP ports, protocols and their purpose.
- Compare and contrast various WiFi networking standards and encryption types.
- Given a scenario, install and configure SOHO wireless/ wired router and apply appropriate settings.
- Compare and contrast Internet connection types, network types and their features.
- Compare and contrast network architecture devices, their functions and features.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate networking tools.
- Install and configure laptop hardware and components.
- Explain the function of components within the display of a laptop.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate laptop features.
- Explain the characteristics of various types of other mobile devices.
- Compare and contrast accessories and ports of other mobile devices.
Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common problems related to motherboards, RAM, CPU and power with appropriate tools.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot hard drives and RAID arrays with appropriate tools.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common video, projector and display issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot wired and wireless networks with appropriate tools.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and repair common mobile device issues while adhering to the appropriate procedures.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot printers with appropriate tools.
CompTIA A+ 220-902 topics:
Windows Operating Systems
- Compare and contrast various features and requirements of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1).
- Given a scenario, install Windows PC operating systems using appropriate methods.
- Given a scenario, apply appropriate Microsoft command line tools.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate Microsoft operating system features and tools.
- Given a scenario, use Windows Control Panel utilities.
- Given a scenario, install and configure Windows networking on a client/desktop.
- Perform common preventive maintenance procedures using the appropriate Windows OS tools.
Other Operating Systems and Technologies
- Identify common features and functionality of the Mac OS and Linux operating systems.
- Given a scenario, set up and use client-side virtualisation.
- Identify basic cloud concepts.
- Summarise the properties and purpose of services provided by networked hosts.
- Identify basic features of mobile operating systems.
- Install and configure basic mobile device network connectivity and email.
- Summarise methods and data related to mobile device synchronisation.
- Identify common security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Compare and contrast common prevention methods.
- Compare and contrast differences of basic Windows OS security settings.
- Given a scenario, deploy and enforce security best practices to secure a workstation.
- Compare and contrast various methods for securing mobile devices.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate data destruction and disposal methods.
- Given a scenario, secure SOHO wireless and wired networks.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot PC operating system problems with appropriate tools.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common PC security issues with appropriate tools and best practices.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common mobile OS and application issues with appropriate tools.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common mobile OS and application security issues with appropriate tools.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate safety procedures.
- Given a scenario with potential environmental impacts, apply the appropriate controls.
- Summarise the process of addressing prohibited content/ activity, and explain privacy, licensing and policy concepts.
- Demonstrate proper communication techniques and professionalism.
- Given a scenario, explain the troubleshooting theory.
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.