The skills you’ll learn (and eventually be tested on) will include:
- Planning and configuring a Microsoft Teams environment. You’ll be responsible for laying out a high-level plan and eventually configuring Microsoft Teams environments for your employers. That means getting team members started with this app and choosing the right settings for these specific purposes.
- Managing teams, channels, ongoing chats, and other apps. You’ll also be responsible for managing teams, channels, ongoing chats, and other related apps your team uses.
- Managing calling and meetings. Administrators are responsible for managing calling and meeting; you won’t have to supervise every instance of communication within your organization directly, but you should be available to provide guidance and address any matters that go wrong.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting issues in your Microsoft Teams environment. In line with the above, you’ll be responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting any issues that arise in your Microsoft Teams environment.
The Benefits of Becoming a Certified Microsoft 365 Teams Administrator
What are the benefits of getting certified in this role?
- New job opportunities. Some people pursue this certification because they’re looking for new job opportunities. They’re currently working in the IT department and looking to move up, or considering a significant career change. Whatever the case, once you earn this certification, you’ll open the door to many new potential job opportunities.
- Promotion potential. Earning this certification is one of the best ways to qualify yourself for promotion, especially if you’re already working in IT. If you have good working relationships and plenty of experience in your current position, you’ll be even more qualified.
- Higher pay. Any certification you can add to your resume is going to entitle you to higher pay, so long as the certification is relevant to your duties. Whether you’re applying for a new job or simply looking for a raise during your annual review, acquiring this certification will help you make more money. If you can add further certifications to your resume, you’ll move into an even better position to make more money.
- Esteem and recognition. Some individuals like to pursue more professional certifications because they provide esteem and recognition. Your peers are more likely to appreciate and respect you. Your bosses will be more impressed. You’ll distinguish yourself from your competitors. And you’ll feel good doing it.
- Personal pride. Learning the fundamentals of Microsoft Teams isn’t necessarily easy. This platform is intuitive enough that most people can figure out some of the basics by experimenting, but being able to troubleshoot technical issues and configure the platform properly are a totally different story. Going through this training and passing the exam can and should fill you with personal pride.
- Technical knowledge. Some of the knowledge you’ll acquire on this path to certification will be useful in other contexts. You’ll learn about security, platform configuration, troubleshooting steps, and more – all of which can be applied to many other applications.
- Certification experience. After earning a new certification, many people are inspired to seek more of them. Each certification you can add to your personal profile is another opportunity for learning new skills, developing yourself, earning more money, and setting yourself up for a broader range of future job options. Once you’ve been through one certification program, you’ll have a much better understanding of the process, and you’ll have sufficient experience to guide you through your next journey. Each new certification class you take is going to feel easier and more approachable.
The Path to Certification
Do all those benefits sound appealing? Then you’re ready to begin your path to certification.
- Determine whether this is a good fit for you. Before you go any further, take a moment to determine whether this certification would be a good fit for you. Do you currently have experience in IT or administration? Do you have interest in Microsoft 365? Are you willing to take your education seriously and dedicate yourself to learning the core materials? If so, you could be a good fit for this certification.
- Master the fundamentals. It’s also a good idea to master some of the fundamentals before you pursue the certification in earnest. You don’t have to become a wizard or guru with Microsoft 365 Teams, but you should have at least some familiarity with it.
- Take a formal course. Readynez offers a thorough course for becoming a certified Microsoft 365 Teams Administrator. It will give you all the knowledge and experience you should need to become formally certified. With both classroom and virtual training options and a dedicated instructor, you’ll gain a significant advantage over your competition.
- Pass the exam. Before you become formally certified, you’ll be expected to pass Exam MS-700 on Managing Microsoft Teams. You’ll know what’s included on the exam well in advance, and you should have plenty of time to study for it. It’s also advisable to take a practice exam before you face the formal round.
Microsoft 365 Teams Administrator certification may be exactly what you need to continue advancing your career and enjoy more personal satisfaction. It’s not easy for everyone, but you should be able to learn everything you need to know over the span of a few dedicated days.
If you believe you’re ready to get started, check out Readynez’s MS-700 course – it’s got everything you need to pass with flying colors.