According to Microsoft, “Consultants (functional and technical) gather and analyze business requirements and translate those requirements into fully realized business processes and solutions that implement industry recommended practices. They serve as a key resource in implementing and configuring apps to meet business requirements.”
In this role, consultants will be responsible for:
- Understanding Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations apps
- Integrating with external systems and tools (such as Power Platform)
- Using Lifecycle Services, Azure DevOps, and other tools for application lifecycle management (ALM)
The Process of Becoming Microsoft Dynamics 365: Core Finance and Operations Certified
What does the certification process entail?
- Become familiar with the fundamentals. Before you start this training program, it’s wise to familiarize yourself with enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software. You don’t have to become a master, but you should be acquainted with the fundamentals.
- Take a formal education and training course. The most vital step in the process is to undergo formal education and training. Here, you’ll learn all the skills, tools, and approaches necessary to achieve success as a consultant in this field. Typically, these courses consist of educational curriculum, interactive exercises, and exam preparation. Readynez, for example, offers an in-depth training program for Microsoft Dynamics 365: Core Finance and Operations that should give you all the knowledge and experience you will require to pass the exam.
- Pass the exam. To earn your official certification, there’s one more responsibility you’ll have to accept: you must pass the MB-300 exam. As Microsoft explains, “This exam measures your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: describe finance and operations apps, and extend apps by using Microsoft Power Platform technologies; configure administrative features and workflows; manage Finance and Operation data; and validate and support the solution.”
Why Become Certified in Microsoft Dynamics 365: Core Finance and Operations?
Most people who want to become certified in Microsoft Dynamics 365: Core Finance and Operations express one or more of the following reasons:
- They want to become more familiar with the apps they use on a daily basis. If you’re already working in the finance department and using Microsoft Dynamics 365, achieving formal certification could help you understand and use the tools you’re already acquainted with more effectively.
- They’re looking for a new job. Some individuals get certified because they’re actively looking for a new position. You might be in the market for a career change, or looking for a promotion, or you might just crave a new set of responsibilities. In any case, this certification could help.
- They want a raise (and/or more respect). As you’re likely already aware, the possession of more certifications typically aligns you for higher pay. Employers regard certifications as an official mark of proficiency, so they’re willing to grant raises or pay a higher salary when they hire you.
- They wish to broaden their horizons. Some people seek to be certified so they may broaden their horizons. Being able to cite this certification will open doors to more jobs and further opportunities for personal development.
How to Succeed at Microsoft Dynamics 365: Core Finance and Operations Certification
Not everyone who pursues Microsoft Dynamics 365: Core Finance and Operations certification passes the MB-300 exam the first time. Not everyone completes the training program. What can you do to maximize your chances of success?
- Assess your goals and motivations. Take the time to assess your particular goals and motivations. Why are you taking this course and what do you hope to accomplish? Being clear about this can help you get the most out of the course and apply your new knowledge and skills most effectively.
- Choose the right training program. Not all training programs are the same. Some are more flexible than others. Some are more robust than the rest. Some are led by experienced teachers, while others expect you to study almost independently. You should review the multiple training programs before you make your final decision, and choose the one that’s the best fit for you.
- Immerse yourself. The training program will last only a few days, so during that time, you should immerse yourself fully. Block out all distractions and pay close attention to all the new material.
- Ask questions and get help. Don’t be hesitant to ask questions or seek further help if you find yourself struggling with something. It’s the best way to overcome obstacles and master difficult content.
- Work with a team. It’s possible to earn your certification entirely on your own, but it’s not always efficient or enjoyable to do it that way. Work with your classmates and teachers to derive more from the experience.
- Give yourself plenty of time to study. Schedule your exam far in advance, if possible, and start studying right away. People learn more efficiently when they’re presented with information at frequent intervals over an extended period of time, rather than “cramming” the information at the last minute.
- Take the practice exam. Finally, make it a point to take at least one practice exam. The MB-300 practice exam is your best opportunity to set realistic expectations, identify your weakest areas of knowledge, and design a course of study that will pass the official exam.
Are you ready to start your Microsoft Dynamics 365: Core Finance and Operations certification journey? Everything starts with signing up for a formal class.
At Readynez, our Microsoft Dynamics 365: Core Finance and Operations certification training program will teach you everything you need to pass your MB-300 – and set yourself up for great career success.