The GICSP (GIAC Industrial Cyber Security Professional) course teaches you how to secure industrial control systems (ICS) and critical infrastructure. You will learn how to identify and protect various ICS components, such as PLCs, RTUs, SCADA systems, and DCS systems. You will also learn how to assess and mitigate ICS vulnerabilities and risks, such as network segmentation, protocol analysis, firmware analysis, and incident response. The course prepares you for the GICSP certification exam that validates your skills in industrial cyber security.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are not included in your course package.
The prerequisites for the GISCP course are
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking and protocols
- Basic familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems and command line tools
- Basic understanding of core networking services such as DNS, DHCP etc.
- Basic understanding of common wireless standards
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
Introduction to Industrial Control Systems and Security
- Overview of industrial control systems (ICS) and their components
- Overview of ICS security challenges and threats
- ICS security standards and frameworks (NIST, ISA/IEC, etc.)
- ICS security assessment methods and tools (Nessus, Nmap, etc.)
ICS Network Security
- Overview of ICS network architectures and protocols
- ICS network segmentation methods and techniques
- ICS network monitoring methods and tools (Wireshark, Snort, etc.)
- ICS network defense methods and tools (firewalls, VPNs, IDS/IPS, etc.)
ICS Device Security
- Overview of ICS device types and functions (PLCs, RTUs, SCADA systems, etc.)
- ICS device identification methods and tools (Shodan, Censys, etc.)
- ICS device vulnerability analysis methods and tools (Binwalk, Ghidra, etc.)
- ICS device hardening methods and techniques (firmware updates, password protection, etc.)
- Overview of ICS application types and functions (HMI, OPC, DCS systems, etc.)
- ICS application communication methods and protocols (Modbus, DNP3, S7comm, etc.)
- ICS application exploitation methods and tools (Metasploit, Scapy)
- ICS application protection methods and techniques (encryption, authentication)
ICS Incident Response
- Overview of ICS incident response concepts and challenges
- ICS incident response phases and activities (preparation, identification, containment)
- ICS incident response methods and tools (Volatility, FTK Imager)
- ICS incident response reporting and documentation
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.