EC-Council’s Essentials certification courses cover essential skills in network defense, ethical hacking, and digital forensics. The Network Defense Essentials (NDE), Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE), and Digital Forensics Essentials (DFE) are foundational programs that help students and early career professionals choose their area of competency or select a specific interest in cybersecurity. The Essentials Series has been designed to give students the foundation on which to build and develop the essential skills for tomorrow’s careers in cybersecurity. These programs educate learners in a range of techniques across industry verticals, such as securing networks, mitigating cyber risks, conducting forensic investigations, and more. Digital Forensics Essentials is a certification that offers foundational knowledge and skills on digital forensics with add-on labs for handson experience. Twelve modules cover the fundamental concepts of digital forensics, such as dark web forensics, investigating web application attacks, and more.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
There are no eligibility criteria for the Essentials Series. The certification is valid for three years from the date the certificate is issued. The recertification window is at the end of 3-years, and EC-Council members may recertify by passing the exam again. There are no annual fees or EC-Council Continuing Education Credits (ECE’s) required to maintain the certification credential during the three-year term. Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
What you will learn
Computer Forensics Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of computer forensics and digital evidence
- Objectives of forensic readiness to reduce the cost of investigation
- Roles and responsibilities of a forensic investigator.
- Legal compliance in computer forensics
Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Forensic investigation process and its importance
- Forensic investigation phases
Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- Types of disk drives and their characteristics
- Booting process of Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Examine file system records during an investigation
Data Acquisition and Duplication
- Data acquisition fundamentals, methodologies, and their different types
- Determine the data acquisition format
Defeating Anti-forensics Techniques
- Anti-forensics techniques and their countermeasures
- How to gather volatile and non-volatile information
- Perform Windows memory and registry analysis
- Analyze the cache, cookie, and history recorded in web browsers
- Examine Windows files and metadata
Linux and Mac Forensics
- Volatile and non-volatile data in Linux
- Analyze filesystem images using the sleuth kit
- Demonstrate memory forensics
- Mac forensics concepts
- Network forensics fundamentals
- Event correlation concepts and types
- Identify indicators of compromise (IoCs) from network logs
- Investigate network traffic for suspicious activity
Investigating Web Attacks
- Web application forensics and web attacks
- Understand IIS and Apache web server logs
- Detect and investigate various attacks on web applications
Dark Web Forensics
- Dark web forensics investigation and how it works.
- Tor browser forensics
Investigating Email Crime
- Email basics and how it can be used as evidence
- Techniques and steps used in email crime investigation
- Malware, its components, and distribution methods
- Malware forensics fundamentals and types of malware analysis
- Perform static malware analysis and dynamic malware analysis
- Conduct system and network behavior analysis
Tools You Will Learn and Use
Linux, Windows, Sleuth Kit, Wireshak, Splunk, TOR browser, ESEDatabaseView
EC-Council’s Essentials Series programs and certifications build and validate candidates’ skills for their cybersecurity future. It is ideal for IT professionals who are seeking to foray into the exciting world of cybersecurity.
Professionals in the following roles who are looking to enhance their knowledge or transition from an IT role into cybersecurity would benefit from the Essentials Courses.
- Cybersecurity Technician
- Cyber Forensic Specialist
- Cyber Operations Technician
- Intelligence Operations Specialist
- IT Security Specialist
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.