EC-Council’s Essentials certification courses cover essential skills in network defense, ethical hacking, and digital forensics. The Network Defense Essentials (NDE), Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE), and Digital Forensics Essentials (DFE) are foundational programs that help students and early career professionals choose their area of competency or select a specific interest in cybersecurity. The Essentials Series has been designed to give students the foundation on which to build and develop the essential skills for tomorrow’s careers in cybersecurity. These programs educate learners in a range of techniques across industry verticals, such as securing networks, mitigating cyber risks, conducting forensic investigations, and more. Ethical Hacking Essentials is a certification that provides foundational knowledge and skills in ethical hacking with add-on labs for hands-on experience. The course contains 12 modules and add-on labs covering fundamental ethical hacking concepts, including emerging technologies like IoT and OT, cloud computing, etc.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
There are no eligibility criteria for the Essentials Series. The certification is valid for three years from the date the certificate is issued. The recertification window is at the end of 3-years, and EC-Council members may recertify by passing the exam again. There are no annual fees or EC-Council Continuing Education Credits (ECE’s) required to maintain the certification credential during the three-year term. Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
What you will learn
Information Security Fundamentals
- Information security fundamentals
- Information security laws and regulations
Ethical Hacking Fundamentals
- Cyber Kill Chain methodology
- Hacking concepts, hacking cycle, and different hacker classes
- Ethical hacking concepts, scope, and limitations
Information Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Detect various threat sources and vulnerabilities in a network or system
- Different types of malwares
Password Cracking Techniques and Countermeasures
- Types of password cracking techniques
Social Engineering Techniques and Countermeasures
- Social engineering concepts and techniques
- Insider threats and identity theft concepts
Network-Level Attacks and Countermeasures
- Packet sniffing concepts and types
- Sniffing techniques and countermeasures
- DoS and DDoS attacks under sniffing attacks
Web Application Attacks and Countermeasures
- Web Server Attacks
- Web Application Attacks
- Web Application Architecture and Vulnerability Stack
- Web Application Threats and Attacks
- SQL Injection Attacks
- Types of SQL Injection Attacks
Wireless Attacks and Countermeasures
- Wireless Terminology
- Types of Wireless Encryption
- Wireless Network-specific Attack Techniques
- Bluetooth Attacks
- Wireless Attack Countermeasures
Mobile Attacks and Countermeasures
- Mobile Attack Anatomy
- Mobile Attack Vectors and Mobile Platform Vulnerabilities
IoT and OT Attacks and Countermeasures
- IoT Attacks; IoT Devices, their need and Application Areas, IoT Threats and Attacks
- OT Attacks; Understand OT Concepts, OT Challenges and Attacks, OT Attacks Countermeasures
Cloud Computing Threats and Countermeasures
- Cloud Computing Concepts
- Container Technology
- Cloud Computing Threats
- Cloud Computing Countermeasures
Penetration Testing Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Penetration Testing and its Benefits
- Various Types and Phases of Penetration Testing
- Guidelines and Recommendations for Penetration Testing
Tools You Will Learn and Use
L0phtCrack, Netcraft, SQL Injection Detection Tool, Web Application Security Scanner, ARP Spoofing Detection Tools
EC-Council’s Essentials Series programs and certifications build and validate candidates’ skills for their cybersecurity future. It is ideal for IT professionals who are seeking to foray into the exciting world of cybersecurity.
Professionals in the following roles who are looking to enhance their knowledge or transition from an IT role into cybersecurity would benefit from the Essentials Courses.
- Help Desk Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
- System Specialist
- Computer Support Specialist
- Cybersecurity Specialist
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at email@example.com.