The goal of this six-day Linux+ Powered by LPI course is to provide you with the basic hardware, software, and networking skills necessary to function in an entry-level Linux role.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exams and certifications, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
You´ll have the perfect starting point for your training with these prerequisites:
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
Hardware & Architecture
- Configure Fundamental BIOS Settings
- Configure Modem and Sound cards
- Setup SCSI Devices
- Setup different PC expansion cards
- Configure Communication Devices
- Configure USB devices
Linux Installation & Package Management
- Design hard disk layout
- Install a boot manager
- Make and install programs from source
- Manage shared libraries
- Use Debian package management
- Use Red Hat Package Manager (RPM)
GNU & Unix Commands
- Work on the command line
- Process text streams using filters
- Perform basic file management
- Use streams, pipes, and redirects
- Create, monitor, and kill processes
- Modify process execution priorities
- Search text files using regular expressions
- Perform basic file editing operations using vi
Devices, Linux Filesystems, Filesystem Hierarchy
- Create partitions and filesystems
- Maintain the integrity of filesystems
- Control mounting and unmounting filesystems
- Managing disk quota
- Use file permissions to control access to files
- Manage file ownership
- Create and change hard and symbolic links
- Find system files and place files in the correct location
- Install & Configure XFree86
- Setup a display manager
- Install & Customize a Window Manager Environment
- kernel and kernel modules at runtime
- Reconfigure, build, and install a custom kernel and kernel modules
Boot, Initialization, Shutdown and Runlevels
- Boot the system
- Change runlevels and shutdown or reboot system
- Manage printers and print queues
- Print files
- Install and configure local and remote printers
- Use and manage local system documentation
- Find Linux documentation on the Internet
- Notify users on system-related issues
- Shells, Scripting, Programming and Compiling
Customize and use the shell environment
- Customize or write simple scripts
- Manage users and group accounts and related system files
- Tune the user environment and system environment variables
- Configure and use system log files to meet administrative and security needs
- Automate system administration tasks by scheduling jobs to run in the future
- Maintain an effective data backup strategy
- Maintain system time
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP
- TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting
- Configure Linux as a PPP client
- Configure and manage inetd, xinetd, and related services
- Operate and perform basic configuration of sendmail
- Operate and perform basic configuration of Apache
- Properly manage the NFS, smb, and nmb daemons
- Setup and configure basic DNS services
- Set up secure shell (OpenSSH)
- Perform security administration tasks
- Setup host security
- Setup user level security
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Your prereading is available for you in your personal space at readynez.com: My Readynez. Simply log in, find your course and start your preparations.
Your exam voucher is usually included in your virtual training package. When you´re ready to sit your exam, you just book it with the exam provider. You can sit most exams from home or at a local test centre. We’re here to help you with that process.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
Your Readynez Course package includes the exam voucher for Microsoft exams, AWS exams, ISO Exams and almost every other exam.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at email@example.com.