EC-Council’s Essentials certification courses cover essential skills in network defense, ethical hacking, and digital forensics. The Network Defense Essentials (NDE), Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE), and Digital Forensics Essentials (DFE) are foundational programs that help students and early career professionals choose their area of competency or select a specific interest in cybersecurity. The Essentials Series has been designed to give students the foundation on which to build and develop the essential skills for tomorrow’s careers in cybersecurity. These programs educate learners in a range of techniques across industry verticals, such as securing networks, mitigating cyber risks, conducting forensic investigations, and more. Network Defense Essentials is a certification that provides foundational knowledge and skills in network security with add-on labs for handson experience. The course includes 12 modules and upgrades to lab ranges covering fundamental network security concepts, including IoT, cryptography, and PKI.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
There are no eligibility criteria for the Essentials Series. The certification is valid for three years from the date the certificate is issued. The recertification window is at the end of 3-years, and EC-Council members may recertify by passing the exam again. There are no annual fees or EC-Council Continuing Education Credits (ECE’s) required to maintain the certification credential during the three-year term. Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
What you will learn
Network Security Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of network security
- Network security protocols that govern the flow of data
Identification, Authentication, and Authorization
- Access control principles, terminologies, and models
- Identity and access management (IAM)
Network Security Controls: Administrative Controls
- Regulatory frameworks, laws, and acts
- Security policies, and how to conduct security and awareness training
Network Security Controls: Physical Controls
- Importance of physical security and physical security controls
- Physical security policies and procedures
- Best practices to strengthen workplace security
- Environmental controls
Network Security Controls: Technical Controls
- Types of bastion hosts and their role in network security
- IDS/IPS types and their role in network defense
- Types of honeypots and virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Security incident and event management (SIEM)
Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Key concepts of virtualization and OS virtualization security
- Cloud computing fundamentals and cloud deployment models
- Cloud security best practices
Wireless Network Security
- Fundamentals of wireless networks and encryption mechanisms
- Wireless network authentication methods
- Implementing wireless network security measure
Mobile Device Security
- Mobile device connection methods and management
- Mobile use approaches in enterprises
- Security risks and guidelines associated with enterprise mobile usage policies
- Implement various enterprise-level mobile security management solutions
- Best practices on mobile platforms
IoT Device Security
- IoT devices, application areas, and communication models
- How security works in IoT-enabled environments
Cryptography and PKI
- Cryptographic tools, security techniques, and algorithms
- Public key infrastructure (PKI) to authenticate users and devices in the digital world
- Data security and its importance
- Security controls for data encryption
- Perform data backup and retention
- Implement data loss prevention concepts
Network Traffic Monitoring
- Network traffic monitoring concepts
- Traffic signatures for normal and suspicious network traffic
- Perform network monitoring to detect suspicious traffic
Tools You Will Learn and Use
Docker Bench for security, AWS, Miradore MDM, HashCalc, MD5 calculator, HashMyFiles, VeraCrypt, Data Recovery Wizard, and Wireshark
EC-Council’s Essentials Series programs and certifications build and validate candidates’ skills for their cybersecurity future. It is ideal for IT professionals who are seeking to foray into the exciting world of cybersecurity.
Professionals in the following roles who are looking to enhance their knowledge or transition from an IT role into cybersecurity would benefit from the Essentials Courses.
- Local Area Network Specialist
- Network Security Analyst
- Network Technician
- Network Administrator
- Network Coordinator
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.