This course covers the duties of cybersecurity analysts who are responsible for monitoring and detecting security incidents in information systems and networks, and for executing a proper response to such incidents.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
To ensure your success in this course, you should meet the following requirements:
- At least two years (recommended) of experience in computer network security technology or a related field.
- The ability to recognize information security vulnerabilities and threats in the context of risk management.
- Foundation-level operational skills with some of the common operating systems for computing environments.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in computing environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, basic authentication and authorization, resource permissions, and anti-malware mechanisms.
- Foundation-level understanding of some of the common concepts for network environments, such as routing and switching.
- Foundational knowledge of major TCP/IP networking protocols, including, but not limited to, TCP, IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, ARP, ICMP, and DHCP.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in network environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and VPNs.
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by passing the relevant exams:
- CompTIA® A+®: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-901 and 220-902)
- CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006)
- CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-401)
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
In this course, you will assess and respond to security threats and operate a systems and network security analysis platform.
- Assess information security risk in computing and network environments.
- Analyze reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments.
- Analyze attacks on computing and network environments.
- Analyze post-attack techniques on computing and network environments.
- Implement a vulnerability management program.
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence.
- Analyze data collected from security and event logs.
- Perform active analysis on assets and networks.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents.
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
- Address security issues with the organization's technology architecture.
Lesson 1: Assessing Information Security Risk
Topic A: Identify the Importance of Risk Management
Topic B: Assess Risk
Topic C: Mitigate Risk
Topic D: Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
Lesson 2: Analyzing Reconnaissance Threats to Computing and Network Environments
Topic A: Assess the Impact of Reconnaissance Incidents
Topic B: Assess the Impact of Social Engineering
Lesson 3: Analyzing Attacks on Computing and Network Environments
Topic A: Assess the Impact of System Hacking Attacks
Topic B: Assess the Impact of Web-Based Attacks
Topic C: Assess the Impact of Malware
Topic D: Assess the Impact of Hijacking and Impersonation Attacks
Topic E: Assess the Impact of DoS Incidents
Topic F: Assess the Impact of Threats to Mobile Security
Topic G: Assess the Impact of Threats to Cloud Security
Lesson 4: Analyzing Post-Attack Techniques
Topic A: Assess Command and Control Techniques
Topic B: Assess Persistence Techniques
Topic C: Assess Lateral Movement and Pivoting Techniques
Topic D: Assess Data Exfiltration Techniques
Topic E: Assess Anti-Forensics Techniques
Lesson 5: Managing Vulnerabilities in the Organization
Topic A: Implement a Vulnerability Management Plan
Topic B: Assess Common Vulnerabilities
Topic C: Conduct Vulnerability Scans
Topic D: Conduct Penetration Tests on Network Assets
Lesson 6: Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence
Topic A: Deploy a Security Intelligence Collection and Analysis Platform
Topic B: Collect Data from Network-Based Intelligence Sources
Topic C: Collect Data from Host-Based Intelligence Sources
Lesson 7: Analyzing Log Data
Topic A: Use Common Tools to Analyze Logs
Topic B: Use SIEM Tools for Analysis
Lesson 8: Performing Active Asset and Network Analysis
Topic A: Analyze Incidents with Windows-Based Tools
Topic B: Analyze Incidents with Linux-Based Tools
Topic C: Analyze Malware
Topic D: Analyze Indicators of Compromise
Lesson 9: Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
Topic A: Deploy an Incident Handling and Response Architecture
Topic B: Mitigate Incidents
Topic C: Prepare for Forensic Investigation as a CSIRT
Lesson 10: Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
Topic A: Apply a Forensic Investigation Plan
Topic B: Securely Collect and Analyze Electronic Evidence
Topic C: Follow Up on the Results of an Investigation
Lesson 11: Addressing Security Architecture Issues
Topic A: Remediate Identity and Access Management Issues
Topic B: Implement Security During the SDLC
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Your prereading is available for you in your personal space at readynez.com: My Readynez. Simply log in, find your course and start your preparations.
Your exam voucher is usually included in your virtual training package. When you´re ready to sit your exam, you just book it with the exam provider. You can sit most exams from home or at a local test centre. We’re here to help you with that process.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
Your Readynez Course package includes the exam voucher for Microsoft exams, AWS exams, ISO Exams and almost every other exam.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at email@example.com.