On this Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions course you'll learn how to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality by moving it to Microsoft Azure.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
Before attending this course, you should be able to:
- Compare the services available in the Azure platform
- Configure and deploy web applications
- Create Azure WebSites using the gallery
- Deploying and monitoring Azure WebSites
- Create and configure Azure Virtual Machines
- Describe the relationship between Cloud Services and Virtual Machines
- Deploy existing Cloud Service packages
- Create and manage a Storage account
- Manage blobs and containers in a Storage account
- Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance
- Identify the implications of importing a SQL Standalone database
- Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance
- Create a virtual network
- Implement a point to site network
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
Module 1: Overview of the Microsoft Azure platform
This module reviews the services available in the Azure platform and the Management Portals used to manage the service instances.
- Azure Services
- Management Portals
Lab: Using the Azure Preview Portal
- Connect to the Azure Portals
- Create a Web Site in Azure
- Configure the Web Site Template
After completing this module, you will be able to create a Web Site using both the Azure Management and Preview Portals.
Module 2: Establishing a Development Environment using Azure Virtual Machines
This module describes the Virtual Machine hosting options available in Azure. You will be able to deploy custom workloads to an Azure Virtual Machine, manage the VM and images and also monitor VMs.
- Constructing Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Virtual Machine Workloads
- Migrating Azure Virtual Machine Instances
- Using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to Connect to a Virtual Machine
Lab: Creating an Azure Virtual Machine for Development & Testing
- Create a Resource Group using Azure
- Create a Development Virtual Machine in Azure
- Configure the Virtual Machine for Development
After completing this module, you will be able to create a Virtual Machine using the Azure Management Portal and create an image of the VM.
Module 3: Hosting Web Applications on the Azure Platform
In this module, you will be able to create and host a simple website using Azure Web Sites. You will learn how to monitor and manage the website using the Management Portal.
- Azure Web Sites
- Hosting Web Applications in Azure
- Configuring an Azure Web Site
- Publishing an Azure Web Site
- Monitoring and Analyzing Running Azure Web Sites
- Lab Overview
Lab: Creating an ASP.NET Web Site Using Azure Websites
- Create an Azure Web Site
- Deploy an ASP.NET Web Application to an Azure Web Site
- Configure an Azure Web Site
After completing this module, you will be able to create an Azure Web Site and publish an existing ASP.NET web application to the site.
Module 4: Storing SQL Data in Azure
In this module, you will learn how to use Azure SQL Databases to store and retrieve data.
- Azure SQL Database Overview
- Managing SQL Databases in Azure
- Using Azure SQL Databases with SQL Server Data Tools
- Migrating Data to Azure SQL Databases
- Replication and Recovery of Azure SQL Database Instances
Lab: Storing Event Data in Azure SQL
- Create an Azure SQL Databases Instance
- Using Entity Framework with Azure SQL Databases
After completing this module, you will be able to create an Azure SQL server and database. They will also be able to use Entity Framework Code First to migrate tables to Azure.
Module 5: Designing Cloud Applications For Resiliency
In this module, you will understand and identify the common practices and patterns for building resilient and scalable web applications that will be hosted in Azure.
- Design Considerations for Scale with Cloud Applications
- Application Design Practices for Highly Available Applications
- Building High Performance Applications using ASP.NET
- Common Cloud Application Patterns
- Application Analytics
- Caching Application Data
After completing this module, you will be able to describe and identify the common practices and patterns for building resilient and scalable web applications that will be hosted in Azure.
Module 6: Managing Cloud Services in Azure
In this module, you will learn how to use Cloud Service Worker Roles and Web Sites Web Jobs to process data in the background. You will also be able to use Cloud Service Cache Roles to store data in the cache.
- Overview of Cloud Services
- Cloud Service Web Roles
- Customizing Cloud Service Configurations
- Updating and Managing Cloud Service Deployments
- Cloud Service Worker Role
- Cloud Service Worker Role Processing
- Analyzing Application Cloud Service Role Instances
Lab: Creating Azure Web Roles Using Visual Studio 2013
- Create an Azure Cloud Service project
- Create an Azure Cloud Service Web Role from an existing project
- Configure the properties of an Azure Cloud Service project
- Debug an Azure Cloud Service project
Lab: Creating a Background Process Using Azure Worker Roles
- Create a C# Class Library
- Add the Class Library to a Cloud Service Project
- Debug Worker Roles in a Cloud Service Project
After completing this module, you will be able to create a background process using a Azure Worker Role.
Module 7: Storing NoSQL Data in Azure
In this module, you will learn how to store data in Azure Table Storage.
- Azure Storage Overview
- Azure Storage Tables Overview
- Table Entity Transactions
- Azure DocumentDB
Lab: Storing Attendee Registration Data in Azure Table Storage
- Populating the Sign-In Form with Registrant Names
- Updating the Events Website to use Storage Tables
- Verifying that the Events Web Site is using Azure Storage Tables for Registrations
After completing this module, you will be able to create an Azure Table Storage table and manage the table data using the .NET API for Azure Storage.
Module 8: Storing and Consuming Files from Azure Storage
In this module, you will be able to store and access multimedia files in Azure using Blob Storage.
- Azure Storage Blobs
- Controlling Access to Storage Blobs & Containers
- Monitoring Storage Blobs
- Configuring Azure Storage Accounts
- Azure Files
- Uploading and Migrating Storage Data
Lab: Storing Generated Documents in Azure Blob Storage
- Implement Azure Storage Blobs
- Populating the Container with Files and Media
- Retrieving Files and Media from the Container
- Specifying Permissions for the Container
Lab: Creating File Shares using Azure Files
- Implement Azure Files
- Populating the File Share with Media
After completing this module, you will be able to create Azure Files SMB file share and store documents related to the event website.
Module 9: Designing a Communication Strategy using Queues and Service Bus
In this module, you will use Azure Queue Storage to queue data for asynchronous processing. You will also be able to identify the Service Bus offerings and identify which ones to use in appropriate scenarios. You will be able to use the Azure Service Bus Relay to connect on-premise services with client applications.
- Queue Mechanisms in Azure
- Azure Storage Queues
- Handling Storage Queue Messages
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Service Bus Queues
- Azure Service Bus Relay
- Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs
Lab: Using Storage Queues to Manage Requests Between Web Applications in Azure
- Using Azure Queue Storage for Document Generation
- Verify the Requests are Created and Consumed
Lab: Using Service Bus to Manage Communication Between Web Applications in Azure
- Create an Azure Service Bus Namespace
- Use Service Bus Queues for Document Generation
- Verify the Requests are Created and Consumed
- Use Service Bus Relay to Connect a WCF Service and Client[s]
After completing this module, you will be able to create an Azure Storage Queue instance to store requests. They will also create an Azure Service Bus queue instance to store requests. You will then create an Azure Service Bus namespace and use the namespace to connect a cloud web application to the local WCF service.
Module 10: Managing Infrastructure in Azure
In this module you will explore the Infrastructure components in Azure. You will be able to describe Virtual Networks and understand the relationship between the VNETs and the different services offered in Azure. You will also be able to add Cloud Services and Virtual Machines to VNETs. Finally you will scale multiple instances of services in a VNET.
- Azure Virtual Networks
- Highly Available Azure Virtual Machines
- Customize Azure Virtual Machine Networking
Lab: Managing Multiple Virtual Machines in a Virtual Network
- Create the Database Virtual Machine
- Create the Application Web Site
- Connect the Test Application to the SQL Server Virtual Machine
- Modify the Database Virtual Machine
After completing this module, you will be able to create a Virtual Machine using the existing SQL template and connect this Virtual Machine to the existing application.
Module 11: Automating Integration with Azure Resources
In this module, you'll explore the options for Automating their interactions with Azure Resources using PowerShell, Client Libraries or the REST API. You will also explore the two sets of modules available for PowerShell automation.
- Azure SDK Client Libraries
- Virtual Machine Configuration Management
- Scripting Azure Service Management using PowerShell
- Azure REST Interface
- Azure Resource Manager
Lab: Automating the Creation of a Test Environment using PowerShell
- Prepare Azure PowerShell Environment
- Use PowerShell to Create and Access a Web Site Instance
- Use a Resource Template to Create Multiple Pre-Configured Resources
After completing this module, you will be able to create a test environment using PowerShell and the Azure Service Management CmdLets.
Module 12: Securing Azure Web Applications In this module, you will be able to use Azure Active Directory to implement security in a Cloud web application.
- Azure Active Directory
- Introduction to Identity Providers
- Azure AD Directories
- Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication
- Azure Role-Based Access Control
Lab: Integrating Azure Active Directory with the Events Administration Portal
- Create an Azure AD Directory
- Secure an Existing ASP.NET Web Application
- Integrate Azure AD with ASP.NET Identity
After completing this module, you will be able to integrate ASP.NET Identity for the administration portal with Azure Active Directory.
Module 13: Maintaining and Monitoring Web Solutions in Azure
Learn how to deploy web applications to Azure by using WebDeploy and Service Packages.
- Deployment Strategies for Web Applications
- Deploying Azure Services
- Continuous Integration
- Monitoring Cloud Applications
Lab: Deploying the Events Web Application to Azure
- Create the Target Azure Services for Deployment
- Manage Configuration Settings for a Cloud Web Application
- Deploy the Web Applications to Azure
- Monitor the Web Applications in Azure
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
Your Readynez Course package includes the exam voucher for Microsoft exams, AWS exams, ISO Exams and almost every other exam.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.