On this accelerated Readynez course you'll learn how to install Windows Server 2016 - including Nano Server, Hyper-V and Virtual Machines. You'll also cover how to migrate from your existing server platform to Windows Server 2016.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
Before attending this course, you must have:
- A basic understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8 or Windows 10.
You would also benefit from previous experience with Windows Server operating systems. Ideally working as a Windows Server systems administrator.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
Course 20740A: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
Module 1: Installing, upgrading, and migrating servers and workloads
This module explains how to prepare and install Nano Server and Server Core. This module also explains how to upgrade and migrate server roles and workloads. Finally, this module explains how to choose an activation model based on your environment characteristics.
- Introducing Windows Server 2016
- Preparing and installing Nano Server and Server Core
- Preparing for upgrades and migrations
- Migrating server roles and workloads
- Windows Server activation models
Lab : Installing and configuring Nano Server
- Implementing Nano Server
- Completing post-installation tasks on the Nano Server
- Performing remote management
Module 2: Configuring local storage
This module explains how to manage disks and volumes in Windows Server 2016.
- Managing disks in Windows Server 2016
- Managing volumes in Windows Server 2016
Lab : Managing disks and volumes in Windows Server 2016
- Creating and Managing virtual hard disks by using Windows PowerShell
- Converting virtual hard disks from .vhd to .vhdx
- Resizing a volume
Module 3: Implementing enterprise storage solutions
This module describes the direct-attached storage (DAS), network-attached storage (NAS), and storage area networks (SANs). It also helps you understand Microsoft Internet Storage Name Service (iSNS) Server, data center bridging, and Multipath I/O (MPIO). Additionally, this module also compares Fibre Channel, Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI), and Fibre Channel Over Ethernet (FCoE), and describes how to configure sharing in Windows Server 2016.
- Overview of direct-attached storage, network-attached storage, and storage area networks
- Comparing Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and FCoE
- Understanding iSNS, data centre bridging, and MPIO
- Configuring sharing in Windows Server 2016
Lab : Planning and configuring storage technologies and components
- Planning storage requirements
- Configuring iSCSI storage
- Configuring and managing the share infrastructure
Module 4: Implementing Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication
This module explains how to implement and manage Storage Spaces. This module also explains how to implement Data Deduplication.
- Implementing Storage Spaces
- Managing Storage Spaces
- Implementing Data Deduplication
Lab : Implementing Storage Spaces
- Creating a storage space
- Enabling and configuring storage tiering
Lab : Implementing Data Deduplication
- Installing Data Deduplication
- Configuring Data Deduplication
Module 5: Installing and configuring Hyper-V and virtual machines
This module provides an overview of Hyper-V. This module also explains how to configure, manage, and install Hyper-V.
- Overview of Hyper-V
- Installing Hyper-V
- Configuring storage on Hyper-V host servers
- Configuring networking on Hyper-V host servers
- Configuring Hyper-V virtual machines
- Managing Hyper-V virtual machines
Lab : Installing and configuring Hyper-V
- Installing the Hyper-V server role
- Configuring Hyper-V settings
- Creating and configuring a virtual machine
- Managing a virtual machine by using PowerShell Direct
Module 6: Deploying and managing Windows Server and Hyper-V containers
This module provides and overview of containers in Windows Server 2016. It also explains how to deploy, install, configure, and manage containers in Windows Server 2016.
- Overview of containers in Windows Server 2016
- Deploying Windows Server and Hyper-V containers
- Installing, configuring, and managing containers
Lab : Installing and configuring containers
- Installing and configuring Windows Server containers by using Windows PowerShell
- Installing and configuring Windows Server containers by using Docker
Module 7: Overview of high availability and disaster recovery
This module provides an overview of high availability, business continuity, and disaster recovery. It further explains how to plan high availability and disaster recovery solutions. Additionally, in this module you will know how to back up and restore the Windows Server 2016 operating system and data by using Windows Server Backup. Finally, you will learn about Windows Server 2016 high availability with failover clustering.
- Defining levels of availability
- Planning high availability and disaster recovery solutions with Hyper-V virtual machines
- Backing up and restoring the Windows Server 2016 operating system and data by using Windows Server B
- High availability with failover clustering in Windows Server 2016
Lab : Planning and implementing a high availability and disaster recovery solution
- Determining the appropriate high availability and disaster recovery solution
- Implementing storage migration
- Implementing Hyper-V Replica
Module 8: Implementing and managing failover clustering
This module explains how to plan, create, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot a failover cluster. This module also explains how to implement site high availability with stretch clustering.
- Planning a failover cluster
- Creating and configuring a new failover cluster
- Maintaining a failover cluster
- Troubleshooting a failover cluster
- Implementing site high availability with stretch clustering
Lab : Implementing a failover cluster
- Creating a failover cluster
- Verifying quorum settings and adding a node
Lab : Managing a failover cluster
- Evicting a node and verifying quorum settings
- Changing the quorum from Disk Witness to File Share Witness, and defining node voting
- Adding and removing disks from the cluster
Module 9: Implementing failover clustering for Hyper-V virtual machines
This module describes integrating Hyper-V virtual machines in a clustered environment. It also explains how to implement and maintain Hyper-V virtual machines on failover clusters. Additionally, this module also explains how to configure network health protection.
- Overview of integrating Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016 with failover clustering
- Implementing and maintaining Hyper-V virtual machines on failover clusters
- Key features for virtual machines in a clustered environment
Lab : Implementing failover clustering with Hyper-V
- Configuring a failover cluster for Hyper-V
- Configuring a highly available virtual machine
Module 10: Implementing Network Load Balancing
This module provides an overview of NLB clusters. It also explains how to plan and configure an NLB cluster implementation.
- Overview of NLB clusters
- Configuring an NLB cluster
- Planning an NLB implementation
Lab : Implementing an NLB cluster
- Implementing an NLB cluster
- Configuring and managing the NLB cluster
- Validating high availability for the NLB cluster
Module 11: Creating and managing deployment images
This module provides an introduction to deployment images. It also explains how to create and manage deployment images by using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). Additionally, it explains how to evaluate an organisation’s requirements for server virtualisation.
- Introduction to deployment images
- Creating and managing deployment images by using MDT
- Virtual machine environments for different workloads
Lab : Using MDT to deploy Windows Server 2016
- Installing and configuring MDT
- Creating and deploying an image
Module 12: Managing, monitoring, and maintaining virtual machine installations
This module provides an overview on WSUS and explains the deployment options. It explains how to update management process with WSUS and also how to use Performance Monitor. Additionally, this module also provides an overview of PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Windows Server 2016 monitoring tools. Finally, this module describes how to use Performance Monitor and monitor Event Logs.
- WSUS overview and deployment options
- Update management process with WSUS
- Overview of PowerShell DSC
- Overview of Windows Server 2016 monitoring tools
- Using Performance Monitor
- Monitoring Event Logs
Lab : Implementing WSUS and deploying updates
- Implementing WSUS
- Configuring update settings
- Approving and deploying an update by using WSUS
Lab : Monitoring and troubleshooting Windows Server 2016
- Establishing a performance baseline
- Identifying the source of a performance problem
- Viewing and configuring centralized event logs
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Your prereading is available for you in your personal space at readynez.com: My Readynez. Simply log in, find your course and start your preparations.
Your exam voucher is usually included in your virtual training package. When you´re ready to sit your exam, you just book it with the exam provider. You can sit most exams from home or at a local test centre. We’re here to help you with that process.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
Your Readynez Course package includes the exam voucher for Microsoft exams, AWS exams, ISO Exams and almost every other exam.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.