On this course you'll learn the skills to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), implement Group Policy, perform backup and restore and monitor Active Directory-related issues with Windows Server 2016.
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
Before attending this course, students must have:
-Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 and 2016.
- Understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution and the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience with Hyper-V and basic knowledge of virtualisation
- Hands-on experience working with the Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Some exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.
- An awareness of basic security best practices
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
Course 20742A: Identity with Windows Server 2016
Module 1: Installing and configuring DCs
This module describes features of AD DS and how to install domain controllers (DCs). It also covers the considerations for deploying DCs.
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of AD DS DCs
- Deploying DCs
Lab : Deploying and administering AD DS
- Deploying AD DS
- Deploying a DC by performing DC cloning
- Administering AD DS by using Active Directory Administrative Center
Module 2: Managing objects in AD DS
This module describes how to use various techniques to manage objects in AD DS. This includes creating and configuring user, group, and computer objects.
- Managing user accounts
- Managing groups in AD DS
- Managing computer accounts
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implementing and managing organisational units
Lab : Deploying and administering AD DS
- Creating and configuring user accounts in AD DS
- Creating and configuring groups in AD DS
- Managing computer objects in AD DS
Lab : Administering AD DS
- Delegating administration for a branch office
- Creating user accounts and groups by using Windows PowerShell
Module 3: Advanced AD DS infrastructure management
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests. The module provides an overview of the components in an advanced AD DS deployment, the process of implementing a distributed AD DS environment, and the procedure for configuring AD DS trusts.
- Overview of advanced AD DS deployments
- Deploying a distributed AD DS environment
- Configuring AD DS trusts
Lab : Domain and trust management in AD DS
- Implementing child domains in AD DS
- Implementing forest trusts
Module 4: Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple locations. The module explains how replication works in a Windows Server 2016 AD DS environment.
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
Lab : Managing and implementing AD DS sites and replication
- Modifying the default site
- Creating additional sites and subnets
- Configuring AD DS replication
- Monitoring and troubleshooting AD DS replication
Module 5: Implementing Group Policy
This module describes how to implement a GPO infrastructure. The module provides an overview of the components and technologies that compose the Group Policy framework.
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and administering GPOs
- Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing
- Troubleshooting the application of GPOs
Lab : Implementing a Group Policy infrastructure
- Creating and configuring GPOs
- Managing GPO scope
Lab : Troubleshooting a Group Policy infrastructure
- Verify GPO application
- Troubleshooting GPOs
Module 6: Managing user settings with GPOs
This module describes how to configure Group Policy settings and Group Policy preferences. This includes implementing administrative templates, configuring folder redirection and scripts, and configuring Group Policy preferences.
- Implementing administrative templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection and scripts
- Configuring Group Policy preferences
Lab : Managing user settings with GPOs
- Using administrative templates to manage user settings
- Implement settings by using Group Policy preferences
- Configuring Folder Redirection
- Planning Group Policy (optional)
Module 7: Securing AD DS
This module describes how to configure domain controller security, account security, password security, and Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSA).
- Securing domain controllers
- Implementing account security
- Audit authentication
- Configuring managed service accounts (MSAs)
Lab : Securing AD DS
- Implementing security policies for accounts and passwords
- Implementing administrative security policies
- Deploying and configuring a read-only domain controller (RODC)
- Creating and associating a gMSA
Module 8: Deploying and managing AD CS
This module describes how to implement an AD CS deployment. This includes deploying, administering, and troubleshooting CAs.
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting and maintaining CAs
Lab : Deploying and configuring a two-tier CA hierarchy
- Deploying an offline root CA
- Deploying an enterprise subordinate CA
Module 9: Deploying and managing certificates
This module describes how to deploy and manage certificates in an AD DS environment. This involves deploying and managing certificate templates, managing certificate revocation and recovery, using certificates in a business environment, and implementing smart cards.
- Deploying and managing certificate templates
- Managing certificate deployment, revocation, and recovery
- Using certificates in a business environment
- Implementing and managing smart cards
Lab : Deploying certificates
- Configuring certificate templates
- Enrolling and using certificates
- Configuring and implementing key recovery
Module 10: Implementing and administering AD FS
This module describes AD FS and how to configure AD FS in a single-organisation scenario and in a partner-organisation scenario.
- Overview of AD FS
- AD FS requirements and planning
- Deploying and configuring AD FS
- Overview of Web Application Proxy
Lab : Implementing AD FS
- Configuring AD FS prerequisites
- Installing and configuring AD FS
- Configuring AD FS for a single organisation
- Configuring AD FS for federated business partners
Module 11: Implementing and administering AD RMS
This module describes how to implement an AD RMS deployment. The module provides an overview of AD RMS, explains how to deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure, and explains how to configure AD RMS content protection.
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and managing an AD RMS infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS content protection
Lab : Implementing an AD RMS infrastructure
- Installing and configuring AD RMS
- Configuring AD RMS templates
- Using AD RMS on clients
Module 12: Implementing AD DS synchronisation with Azure AD
This module describes how to plan and configure directory syncing between Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and on-premises AD DS. The modules describes various sync scenarios, such as Azure AD sync, AD FS and Azure AD, and Azure AD Connect.
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronisation by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing identities with directory synchronisation
Lab : Configuring directory synchronisation
- Preparing for directory synchronisation
- Configuring directory synchronisation
- Managing Active Directory users and groups
Module 13: Monitoring, managing, and recovering AD DS
This module describes how to monitor, manage, and maintain AD DS to help achieve high availability of AD DS.
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the AD DS database
- Recovering AD DS objects
Lab : Recovering objects in AD DS
- Backing up and restoring AD DS
- Recovering objects in AD DS