The goal of this 3-day accelerated course is to provide anyone who works in a regulatory, investigative, fact finding, enforcement or prosecution role within an organisation, a fully immersed, zero-distraction, practical training experience.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are not included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
We recommend students taking this course to have the following prerequisites:
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows operating system from a basic user’s perspective
- Understanding of how to create and manage folders and files
- Familiarity of Google and / or other major search engines
- Investigative or enquiring mindset
- An interest in social media platforms. A Facebook account is recommended but not essential.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
- Health and Safety
- Module Outline
- Learning Outcomes and Timetable
- Course resources & websites
-URL versus Search bar
- Online quiz, knowledge check
- What is a communication Profile?
- Why do we need Communication Profiles?
- What should be included in a Communication Profile
- Keeping a Communications Profile current
- Source of Information for a Communications Profile
Planning an Online Investigation and Investigation Styles
- Professional Methodology
- Covert and Overt investigations
- Proactive and Reactive investigations
- The briefing process, investigation parameters and expectations
- Authorisations, policies and procedures
- Equipment considerations
- Record Keeping
- What is a network?
- What is the Internet?
- Internet Protocols
- Routers and Switches
- Domain Names & Domain Name Service
- Unique Resource Locators (URL)
- Shortened and Obfuscated URL’s
- Using the command line
- Why anonymise?
- Virtual Private Networks
- Browser based tools
- Other anonymisation techniques
- False Personas
- Virtual Machines
- What is crypto currency?
- How does it work?
- Wallets & Ledgers
- Seizure as an asset
- Why capture?
- What should we capture?
- Capture tools and software?
- Dealing with captured digital material
Advanced Searching Techniques
- Google and other major search engines
- Search tools and specialist search engines
- Filters and managing search results
- Historic searching
Investigating Digital Images
- What is Meta and EXIF data?
- Examination tools and techniques
- Extraction websites
- Removing Meta and EXIF data
- Introduction to Geolocation
Investigating Websites and Internet Traces
- Resolving domain names
- Regional Internet Registries
- Historic and cached websites
- Hidden links
- Offline viewing tools
- HTML and other source code
- Website update alerts
Investigating Email and Email Traces
- Capturing email headers
- Manual examination of email headers
- Automated examination of email headers
- Information contained in email headers
- Internet of things
- Mobile devices and internet access
- BLE beacons
- Cyber enabled and cyber dependant crimes
Legislation and Procedures
- Legislation effecting internet investigation
- Stated cases influencing online investigative tactics
- Directed surveillance online
- National law enforcement guidance
- Local procedure and policy
Investigating the Deep Web and TOR
- What is the Deep Web?
- What is TOR?
- How does TOR work?
- Installing TOR
- Risks of using the deep web in investigations
- TOR Search tools and techniques
Internet Relay Chat, Newsgroups, Forums
- What is Internet Relay Chat (IRC)?
- Configuring the IRC client
- Evidence gathering on IRC
- Gathering evidence from newsgroups
- Interrogating internet forums
Social Networks and Online False Personas
- What is a Social Network?
- Usernames, associations and other traces
- Social network advanced search tools and services
- Exploiting geo-located social network posts
- Risks associated with social networks
- Types of Online Marketplaces
- Searching techniques applicable to online marketplaces
- Evidential opportunities presented by online market places
- Payment methods and techniques
- Final Exercise
Final Exercise Debrief
- Review of learning outcomes
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.