During this training you will learn how to migrate existing on-premises workloads and assets to the cloud, specifically to the Microsoft Azure platform.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
IT Administrators start this role with experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking. In addition, IT administrators should have experience or equivalent knowledge in administering an IaaS Azure infrastructure.
Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
Familiarity with using Azure, including the Azure portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI and ARM template.
Understanding of Azure Active Directory and cloud identity management.
Understanding of management of subscriptions, users, groups, and billing, and Azure policies.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the tools and services specific to each phase of the migration.
- Identify the tools and services specific to each phase of the migration
- Discover and assess on-premises workloads for migration to Azure
- Obtain deeper profiling of an environment using app dependency mapping and assessment customizations
- Perform an end-to-end migration of on-premises workloads to Azure using Azure Migrate
- Replicate data from an on-premises datacenter to Azure or to a secondary site
- Migrate data from existing data sources to Azure data platforms using the Database Migration Service
- Secure and manage migrated workloads using Azure Security Center, Azure Backup, and Log Analytics
- Ensure an effective business continuity strategy that includes high availability, disaster recovery
- Back up and protect Azure IaaS virtual machines from any location using the Azure Backup Service
- Define a recovery plan to ensure virtual machines fail over properly before running a full failover
Module 1: Planning and Assessing and Azure Migration
In this module, you’ll learn about the key business and technical drivers leading to a cloud migration, the phases of an Azure migration and tools and services used for each phase. You will learn how to discover and assess your on-premises environments in preparation to migrate the appropriate workloads to Azure.
- Cloud Migration – Business Motivations, Goals and Outcomes
- Discovery and Assessment
Module 2: Introduction to Data Migration
In this module, you’ll learn about solutions you can use when you need to securely send terabytes of data to Azure. You will learn about the Azure Data Box family of products with both online and offline transfer options. You will then learn about migrating an on-premises SQL Server 2008R2 database to Azure SQL Database Managed Instance (MI), using the Azure Database Migration Service (DMS).
- Azure Data Box
- Database Migration
Module 3: Implementing Migration using Azure Migrate Services
In this module, you’ll learn how to prepare the on-premises infrastructure and the Azure components ahead of the planned migration. You’ll also learn how to perform and end to end migration using Azure Migrate Services.
- Overview of Azure Migrate Server Migration
- VMware - Agentless Migration
- VMware - Agent-based Migration
- Securing Migrated Workloads
- Datacenter Migration using Microsoft Migration Factory
Module 4: Backup and Disaster Recovery in Azure
In this module, you’ll learn about the key components of a business continuity strategy and what is required for a highly available solution. You will also learn how to implement Azure IaaS virtual machine back up using the Azure Backup service. Additionally, you will learn how to replicate Azure VMs to any other Azure location using Azure Site Recovery.
- Azure Backup Overview
- Implementing Azure IaaS Backup
- Azure to Azure Site Recovery
- Application Disaster Recovery
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at email@example.com.