Get the skills to plan, configure, manage and administer SharePoint 2016 faster on this accelerated MCSE: SharePoint 2016 certification course.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certifications, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
You´ll have the perfect starting point for your training with these prerequisites:
- Software management in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows 2012 R2 enterprise server environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually and in the cloud.
- Administering Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Configuring Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) for use in authentication, authorisation and as a user store.
- Managing databases and server roles in SQL Server
- Managing an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 4.0.
- Connecting applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Implementing Claims-based Security.
- Using Hyper-V virtual machines
As an ideal candfidate, you should have a minimum of one years experience deploying and administering multiple SharePoint 2013 farms across a large enterprise. Alternatively, you could also have at least two years experience with SharePoint 2010.
It is however important you understand differences between SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013, particularly in terms of hybridisation.
In order to get the MCSE: SharePoint 2016 certification you must have already gained either MCSA: Office 365 or MCSA: Windows Server 2012.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
20339-1A: Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016
Module 1: Introducing SharePoint 2016
This module describes the structure and capabilities of a SharePoint environment, and the major changes for IT professionals in SharePoint 2016. This module also describes the options available for deploying SharePoint 2016.
- Key components of a SharePoint deployment
- New features in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2016 deployment options
Module 2: Designing an information architecture
This module describes how to gather business requirements, and the key elements of a successful information architecture project. This module also explains how to structure information within a SharePoint 2016 deployment and make it easy to find and retrieve.
- Identifying business requirements
- Understanding business requirements
- Organising information in SharePoint 2016
- Planning for discoverability
Lab : Designing an information architecture - Part one
- Identifying site columns and content types
Lab : Creating an information architecture - Part two
- Designing a business taxonomy
Module 3: Designing a logical architecture
This module explains how to approach a logical architecture design and how to document it.
- Overview of the SharePoint 2016 logical architecture
- Documenting your logical architecture
Lab : Designing a logical architecture
- Planning a logical architecture
- Producing a logical architecture diagram
Module 4: Designing a physical architecture
This module describes the physical design requirements for SharePoint 2016, and the physical components necessary to fulfill the physical architecture design. It also explains the SharePoint farm topologies, and describes how to map a logical architecture design to a physical architecture design.
- Designing physical components for SharePoint deployments
- Designing supporting components for SharePoint deployments
- SharePoint farm topologies
- Mapping a logical architecture design to a physical architecture design
Lab : Designing a physical architecture
- Designing a physical architecture
- Developing a physical architecture design diagram
Module 5: Installing and configuring SharePoint 2016
This module explains how to install SharePoint 2016 in different topologies, script the installation, and configure a SharePoint 2016 environment. This module also explains how to configure the core farm-level settings in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Installing SharePoint 2016
- Scripting installation and configuration of SharePoint
- Configuring SharePoint 2016 farm settings
Lab : Deploying and configuring SharePoint 2016 – Part one
- Provisioning a SharePoint 2016 farm
Lab : Deploying and configuring SharePoint 2016 – Part two
- Configuring incoming email
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring integration with Office Online Server
Module 6: Creating web applications and site collections
This module explains how to create web applications in SharePoint 2016 and how to configure these applications. It also explains how to create and configure site collections in SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online.
- Creating web applications
- Configuring web applications
- Creating and configuring site collections
Lab : Creating and configuring web applications
- Creating a web application
- Configuring a web application
Lab : Creating and configuring site collections
- Creating and configuring site collections
- Creating a site collection in a new content database
- Using Fast Site Collection Creation
Module 7: Planning and configuring service applications
This module describes the service application architecture in SharePoint 2016, and how to provision and manage service applications.
- Introduction to the service application architecture
- Creating and configuring service applications
Lab : Planning and configuring service applications
- Provisioning a Managed Metadata Service application with Central Administration
- Provisioning a Managed Metadata Service application with Windows PowerShell
- Configuring the Word Automation Services service application for document conversion
- Configuring service application proxy groups
Module 8: Managing users and permissions, and securing content
This module explains how to configure authorisation in SharePoint 2016. It also explains how to configure site collection security in SharePoint 2016.
- Configuring authorisation in SharePoint 2016
- Managing access to content
Lab : Managing users and groups
- Creating a web-application policy
- Creating and managing SharePoint groups
- Creating custom permission levels
Lab : Securing content in SharePoint sites
- Managing permissions and inheritance
- Managing site-collection security
- Enabling anonymous access to a site
Module 9: Configuring authentication for SharePoint 2016
This module explains about the SharePoint 2016 authentication infrastructure, and how to configure claims, providers, and identity federation for SharePoint 2016. It also explains how to configure server-to-server authentication for SharePoint 2016.
- Overview of authentication
- Configuring federated authentication
- Configuring server-to-server authentication
Lab : Extend your SharePoint 2016 to support Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Configuring Microsoft SharePoint 2016 to use federated identities
- Configuring Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) to enable a web application a relying party
- Configuring SharePoint to trust AD FS as an identity provider
- Configuring a web application to use the AD FS identity provider
Module 10: Securing a SharePoint 2016 deployment
This module explains how to secure a SharePoint 2016 deployment at the platform level, and how to configure farm-level security settings for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Securing the platform
- Configuring farm-level security
Lab : Securing a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Configuring SharePoint Server communication security
- Hardening a SharePoint server farm
- Configuring blocked file types
- Configuring Web Part security
- Implementing security auditing
Module 11: Managing taxonomy
This module explains how to create and manage content types and content-type propagation. Additionally, it explains how to implement managed metadata in SharePoint web applications and site collections. It also explains how to configure the managed metadata service application in SharePoint 2016.
- Managing content types
- Understanding managed metadata
- Configuring the managed metadata service
Lab : Configuring content-type propagation
- Creating content types for propagation
- Publishing content types across site collections
Lab : Configuring and using the managed metadata service
- Configuring the managed metadata service
- Creating term sets and terms
- Consuming term sets
Module 12: Configuring user profiles
This module explains how to configure the User Profile service application, and how to manage user profiles and audiences.
- Configuring the User Profile Service Application
- Managing user profiles and audiences
Lab : Configuring user profiles
- Configuring the User Profile Service Application
- Configuring directory import and synchronisation
Lab : Configuring My Sites and audiences
- Configuring My Sites
- Configuring audiences
Module 13: Configuring Enterprise Search
This module describes the Search Service Application and explains how to configure the Search service in SharePoint 2016. It also explains how to manage the search experience in SharePoint 2016.
- Understanding the Search Service Application architecture
- Configuring Enterprise Search
- Managing Enterprise Search
Lab : Configuring Enterprise Search
- Configuring the Search Service Application
- Configuring a file share content source
- Configuring a local SharePoint content source
- Creating a search center
Lab : Optimising the search experience
- Configuring a result source and a query rule
- Customising the search experience
- Creating and deploying a thesaurus
- Configuring entity extractors and refiners
- Managing query spelling correction
Module 14: Monitoring and maintaining a SharePoint 2016 environment
This module explains how to implement a monitoring plan for SharePoint 2016, and how to optimise the performance of a SharePoint 2016 deployment. It also explains how to plan for and configure SharePoint caching. Further, it explains how to identify and resolve problems in a SharePoint 2016 environment.
- Monitoring a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Tuning and optimising a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Planning and configuring caching
- Troubleshooting a SharePoint 2016 environment
Lab : Monitoring a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Configuring usage and health data collection
- Configuring Sharepoint diagnostic logging
- Configuring Health Analyser rules
- Reviewing usage and health data
Lab : Investigating page load times
- Analysing network traffic
- Analysing SharePoint page performance
20339-2A: Advanced Technologies of SharePoint 2016
Module 1: Introduction to SharePoint 2016
This module describes the core architectural components of a SharePoint Server environment, and also helps to identify the new depreciated and removed features in SharePoint 2016.
- Core components of the SharePoint 2016 architecture
- New, deprecated, and removed features in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online editions
Lab : Reviewing the core Microsoft SharePoint 2016 concepts
- Configuring SharePoint 2016 farms
- Creating and configuring site collections and sites
- Provisioning service applications by using the SharePoint 2016 Management Shell
Module 2: Introduction to hybrid scenarios for SharePoint 2016
This module describes the key hybrid features in SharePoint 2016, and helps you to prepare for a hybrid SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Exploring the hybrid features in SharePoint 2016
- Preparing for a hybrid SharePoint 2016 deployment
Lab : Configuring an Office 365 tenant
- Creating an Office 365 tenant
Lab : Creating hybrid team sites
- Preparing the SharePoint environment
- Running the SharePoint Hybrid picker
Module 3: Designing business continuity management strategies
This module explains how to select an appropriate database server configuration to meet availability requirements. It also describes how to design a physical architecture and infrastructure to meet high-availability requirements. Finally, this module explains how to develop and implement a backup and restore strategy.
- Designing database topologies for high availability and disaster recovery
- Designing a SharePoint infrastructure for high availability
- Planning for disaster recovery
Lab : Planning and performing backup and restore
- Create a backup and restore plan
- Test the backup and restore process
Module 4: Planning and implementing Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service
This module explains how to configure Business Connectivity Services (BCS), and describes how to configure and manage the Secure Store Service application. It also explains how you can configure and manage BCS models.
- Planning and configuring BCS
- Configuring the Secure Store Service
- Managing BCS models
Lab : Configuring BCS and the Secure Store Service
- Configuring the BDC Service Application
- Configuring the Secure Store Service
Lab : Managing BDC models
- Configuring a Secure Store Service target application
- Importing and configuring BDC models
Module 5: Configuring productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment
This module describes SharePoint Add-in architecture.This module also explains how to provision and manage SharePoint apps and App Catalogs. Additionally, this module describes how to provision Microsoft Access Services, Visio Services, Word Automation Services, PowerPoint Automation Services, and SharePoint Translation Services.
- Understanding the SharePoint Add-in architecture
- Provisioning and managing apps and App Catalogs
- Provisioning productivity services
Lab : Configuring and managing SharePoint Add-ins
- Configuring a SharePoint farm to support apps
- Creating and configuring a corporate App Catalog
- Deploying and monitoring apps
Module 6: Managing solutions in Microsoft SharePoint 2016
This module describes the purpose and structure of SharePoint 2016 features and solutions. In addition, it explains how to manage sandbox solutions in Microsoft SharePoint 2016.
- Understanding the SharePoint 2016 solution architecture
- Managing sandboxed solutions
Lab : Managing solutions
- Configuring a SharePoint farm to support sandboxed solutions
- Configuring a SharePoint site to support sandboxed solutions
- Deploying farm solutions
Module 7: Connecting people
This module explains how to manage user profiles and how to plan and configure My Site and social features. This module also describes how to configure community sites.
- Managing user profiles
- Enabling social interaction
- Building communities
Lab : Configuring profile synchronisation and My Sites
- Configuring profile synchronisation
- Configuring My Sites
Lab : Configuring community sites
- Creating a community site infrastructure
- Configuring Community Site participation
Module 8: Planning and configuring web content management
This module explains how to plan and configure a web content management infrastructure to meet business requirements. This module also describes how to configure managed navigation and product catalog sites, and how to configure support for multilingual sites. Additionally, it explains and how to plan and manage design and customisation for publishing sites, and how to plan and configure support for mobile users.
- Planning and implementing a web content management infrastructure
- Configuring managed navigation and catalog sites
- Supporting multiple languages and locales
- Enabling design and customisation
- Supporting mobile users
Lab : Configuring managed navigation and catalog sites
- Configuring a product catalog site
- Configuring Cross-Site Publishing
- Configuring publishing sites
Lab : Configuring device channels
- Configuring device channels
Module 9: Planning and configuring Enterprise Content Management
This module explains how to plan for management of content and documents, and how to plan for and configure eDiscovery. Additionally, it describes how to plan for records management and compliance.
- Planning Enterprise Content Management
- Planning and configuring eDiscovery
- Planning records management
Lab : Configuring eDiscovery in SharePoint 2016
- Creating and configuring an eDiscovery Center
- Discovering and preserving content
- Querying and exporting content
Lab : Configuring records management in SharePoint Server 2016
- Configuring in-place records management
Module 10: Planning and configuring business intelligence solutions
This module explains how to plan business intelligence (BI) architecture for SharePoint 2016, and how to deploy and manage BI services. Additionally, this module explains how to plan and configure advanced analysis tools.
- Planning BI architecture
- Planning, deploying, and managing BI services
- Planning and configuring advanced analysis tools
Lab : Installing Office Online Server
- Deploy Office Online Server
Lab : Configuring PowerPivot and Power View for SharePoint 2016
- Configuring PowerPivot for SharePoint 2016
- Configuring Power View for SharePoint
Module 11: Planning and configuring productivity and collaboration
This module explains how to plan and configure productivity and collaboration features. This module also explains how to plan and configure composite solutions in SharePoint 2016.
- Planning and configuring collaboration features
- Planning and configuring composites
Lab : Configuring and working with project sites
- Creating an Office Online Server farm and configuring integration in SharePoint 2016
- Creating project sites
- Configuring project sites
- Engaging project teams
- Configuring Project Server integration
Lab : Configuring a workflow
- Configuring Microsoft Azure Workflow and Microsoft SharePoint Workflow Services
- Creating and testing a workflow
Module 12: Upgrading and migrating to SharePoint 2016
This module explains how to prepare for upgrade or migration to SharePoint 2016. In addition, it explains how to manage site collections are how to upgrade them to SharePoint 2016. Finally, the module describes how to upgrade advanced content from SharePoint Server 2013 to SharePoint 2016.
- Preparing for an upgrade or migration
- Upgrade to SharePoint 2016
- Planning and managing a site-collection upgrade
Lab : Performing a content database migration and upgrade from Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- Migrating SharePoint Server 2013 Managed Metadata Service
- Upgrading a SharePoint Server 2013 content database
Lab : Managing site-collection upgrades
- Preparing site collections for upgrade
- Upgrading site collections
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Your prereading is available for you in your personal space at readynez.com: My Readynez. Simply log in, find your course and start your preparations.
Your exam voucher is usually included in your virtual training package. When you´re ready to sit your exam, you just book it with the exam provider. You can sit most exams from home or at a local test centre. We’re here to help you with that process.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
Your Readynez Course package includes the exam voucher for Microsoft exams, AWS exams, ISO Exams and almost every other exam.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at email@example.com.