- Certified Blockchain Developer Ethereum (CBDE)
The CBDE exam is a 70 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1.5 hours and is performance-based evaluation of Ethereum Development skills and knowledge. Internet access is not provided during the exam, nor is any course material or study guides.
A person who holds this certification demonstrates their ability to:
- Plan and prepare production ready applications for the Ethereum blockchain
- Write, test, and deploy secure Solidity smart contracts
- Understand and work with Ethereum fees
- Work within the bounds and limitations of the Ethereum blockchain
- Use the essential tooling and systems needed to work with the Ethereum ecosystem
Scores and Reporting
Official scores for exams come immediately following the exam from Pearson VUE. A passing score is 70%. Exam results are reported PASS/FAIL and you will be provided your percentage. Blockchain Training Alliance does not report scores on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Exam Retake Policy
- A student who does not pass an exam must wait at least 48 hours to retake the exam
- A student must wait 14-days for each subsequent attempt
- A student who has passed a certain exam may not take the same exam (defined as an exam of the same version with the same exam number) again within 12 months of when the exam was passed. A student who wishes to take the exam again in order to re-certify may do so after the 12-month period.