In this course, you will learn how to build an operational data lake that supports analysis of both structured and unstructured data. You will learn the components and functionality of the services involved in creating a data lake. You will use AWS Lake Formation to build a data lake, AWS Glue to build a data catalog, and Amazon Athena to analyze data. The course lectures and labs further your learning with the exploration of several common data lake architectures.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
There is no Exam or Certification for this course.
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Completed the AWS Technical Essentials classroom course
- One year of experience building data analytics pipelines or have completed the Data Analytics
- Fundamentals digital course Building Data Lakes on AWS
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Apply data lake methodologies in planning and designing a data lake
- Articulate the components and services required for building an AWS data lake
- Secure a data lake with appropriate permission
- Ingest, store, and transform data in a data lake
- Query, analyze, and visualize data within a data lake
Module 1: Introduction to data lakes
- Describe the value of data lakes
- Compare data lakes and data warehouses
- Describe the components of a data lake
- Recognize common architectures built on data lakes
Module 2: Data ingestion, cataloging, and preparation
- Describe the relationship between data lake storage and data ingestion
- Describe AWS Glue crawlers and how they are used to create a data catalog
- Identify data formatting, partitioning, and compression for efficient storage and query
- Lab 1: Set up a simple data lake
Module 3: Data processing and analytics
- Recognize how data processing applies to a data lake
- Use AWS Glue to process data within a data lake
- Describe how to use Amazon Athena to analyze data in a data lake
Module 4: Building a data lake with AWS Lake Formation
- Describe the features and benefits of AWS Lake Formation
- Use AWS Lake Formation to create a data lake
- Understand the AWS Lake Formation security model
- Lab 2: Build a data lake using AWS Lake Formation
Module 5: Additional Lake Formation configurations
- Automate AWS Lake Formation using blueprints and workflows
- Apply security and access controls to AWS Lake Formation
- Match records with AWS Lake Formation FindMatches
- Visualize data with Amazon QuickSight
- Lab 3: Automate data lake creation using AWS Lake Formation blueprints
- Lab 4: Data visualization using Amazon QuickSightBuilding Data Lakes on AWS
Module 6: Architecture and course review
- Post course knowledge check
- Architecture review
- Course review
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at email@example.com.