On this 4 day accelerated Securing Windows Server 2016 course, you will learn technologies and methods for hardening server environments and securing virtual machine infrastructures.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should have:
Completed the following courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- 20740: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
- 20741: Networking with Windows Server 2016
- 20742: Identity with Windows Server 2016
A solid, practical understanding of:
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals.
- Windows Server security principles.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
Curriculum (Detailed list of the course content in anticipated running order)
We have designed our course material in the way that best prepares you to learn and pass your exams.
MOC 20744A: Securing Windows Server 2016
Module 1: Breach detection and using the Sysinternals tools
In this module, students will learn about breach detection, attack types and vectors, cybercrime, and how you can analyse your system’s activity by using the Sysinternals tool suite.
• Overview of breach detection
• Using the Sysinternals tools to detect breaches
Lab : Basic breach detection and incident response strategies
• Identifying attack types
• Using incident-response strategies
• Exploring the Sysinternals tools
Module 2: Protecting credentials and privileged access
This module explains how you can configure user rights and security options, protect credentials by using credential guard, implement privileged-access workstations, and manage and deploy a local administrator-password solution so that you can manage passwords for local administrator accounts.
• Understanding user rights
• Computer and service accounts
• Protecting credentials
• Understanding privileged-access workstations and jump servers
• Deploying a local administrator-password solution
Lab : User rights, security options, and group-managed service accounts
• Configuring security options
• Configuring restricted groups
• Delegating privileges
• Creating and managing group managed service accounts (MSAs)
• Configuring the Credential Guard feature
• Locating problematic accounts
Lab : Configuring and deploying LAPs
• Installing local administrator password solution (LAPs)
• Configuring LAPs
• Deploying LAPs
Module 3: Limiting administrator rights with Just Enough Administration
This module explains how to deploy and configure Just Enough Administration (JEA).Lessons
• Understanding JEA
• Configuring and deploying JEA
Lab : Limiting administrator privileges by using JEA
• Creating a role-capability file
• Creating a session-configuration file
• Creating a JEA endpoint
• Connecting to a JEA endpoint
• Deploying JEA by using Desire State Configuration (DSC)
Module 4: Privileged Access Management and administrative forests
This module explains the concepts of Enhanced Security Administrative Environment (ESAE) forests, Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM), and Just In Time (JIT) Administration, or Privileged Access Management.
• Understanding ESAE forests
• Overview of MIM
• Implementing JIT and Privileged Access Management by using MIM
Lab : Limiting administrator privileges by using Privileged Access Management
• Using a layered approach to security
• Exploring MIM
• Configuring a MIM web portal
• Configuring the Privileged Access feature
• Requesting privileged access
Module 5: Mitigating malware and threats
This module explains how to configure the Windows Defender, AppLocker, and Device Guard features.
• Configuring and managing Windows Defender
• Using software restricting policies (SRPs) and AppLocker
• Configuring and using Device Guard
• Using and deploying the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
Lab : Securing applications by using AppLocker, Windows Defender, Device Guard Rules, and the EMET.
• Configuring Windows Defender
• Configuring AppLocker
• Configuring and deploying Device Guard
• Deploying and using EMET
Module 6: Analysing activity by using advanced auditing and log analytics
This module explains how to use advanced auditing and Windows PowerShell transcripts.
• Overview of auditing
• Understanding advanced auditing
• Configuring Windows PowerShell auditing and logging
Lab : Configuring encryption and advanced auditing
• Configuring auditing of file-system access
• Auditing domain logons
• Managing the configuration of advanced audit policies
• Windows PowerShell logging and auditing
Module 7: Analysing activity with Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics feature and Operations Management Suite
This module explains the Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics tool and the Microsoft Operations Management suite (OMS), and details how you can use them to monitor and analyse the security of a Windows Server deployment.Lessons
• Overview of Advanced Threat Analytics
• Understanding OMS
Lab : Advanced Threat Analytics and Operations Management Suite
• Using ATA and OMS
• Preparing and deploying ATA
• Preparing and deploying OMS
Module 8: Securing your virtualisation an infrastructure
This module explains how to configure Guarded Fabric virtual machines (VMs), including the requirements for shielded and encryption-supported VMs.
• Overview of Guarded Fabric VMs
• Understanding shielded and encryption-supported VMs
Lab : Deploying and using Guarded Fabric with administrator-trusted attestation and shielded VMs
• Deploying Guarded Fabric VMs with administrator-trusted attestation
• Deploying a shielded VM
Module 9: Securing application development and server-workload infrastructure
This module details the Security Compliance Manager, including how you can use it to configure, manage, and deploy baselines. Additionally, students will learn how to deploy and configure Nano Server, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Windows Server Containers.
• Using Security Compliance Manager
• Introduction to Nano Server
• Understanding containers
Lab : Using Security Compliance Manager
• Configuring a security baseline for Windows Server 2016
• Deploying a security baseline for Windows Server 2016
Lab : Deploying and Configuring Nano Server and containers
• Deploying, managing, and securing Nano Server
• Deploying, managing, and securing Windows Server containers
• Deploying, managing, and securing Hyper-V containers
Module 10: Protecting data with encryption
This module explains how to configure Encrypting File System (EFS) and BitLocker drive encryption to protect data at rest.
• Planning and implementing encryption
• Planning and implementing BitLocker
Lab : Configuring EFS and BitLocker
• Encrypting and recovering access to encrypted files
• Using BitLocker to protect data
Module 11: Limiting access to file and folders
This module explains how to optimise file services by configuring File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) and Distributed File System (DFS). Students will learn how to protect a device’s data by using encryption or BitLocker. Students also will learn how to manage access to shared files by configuring Dynamic Access Control (DAC).
• Introduction to FSRM
• Implementing classification management and file-management tasks
• Understanding Dynamic Access Control (DAC)
Lab : Configuring quotas and file screening
• Configuring FSRM quotas
• Configuring file screening
Lab : Implementing DAC
• Preparing DAC
• Implementing DAC
Module 12: Using firewalls to control network traffic flow
This module explains the firewalls that are present on Windows Server.
• Understanding Windows Firewall
• Software-defined distributed firewalls
Lab : Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
• Creating and testing inbound rules
• Creating and testing outbound rules
Module 13: Securing network traffic
This module explains how to secure network traffic and how to use Microsoft Message Analyser, Server Message Block (SMB) encryption, and Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC).
• Network-related security threats and connection-security rules
• Configuring advanced DNS settings
• Examining network traffic with Microsoft Message Analyser
• Securing SMB traffic, and analysing SMB traffic
Lab : Connection security rules and securing DNS
• Creating and testing connection security rules
• Configuring and testing DNSSEC
Lab : Microsoft Message Analyser and SMB encryption
• Using Microsoft Message Analyser
• Configuring and verifying SMB encryption on SMB shares
Module 14: Updating Windows Server
This module explains how to use Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to deploy updates to Windows Servers and clients.
Overview of WSUS
• Deploying updates by using WSUS
Lab : Implementing update management
• Implementing the WSUS server role
• Configuring update settings
• Approving and deploying an update by using WSUS
• Deploying Windows Defender definition updates by using WSUS
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Your prereading is available for you in your personal space at readynez.com: My Readynez. Simply log in, find your course and start your preparations.
Your exam voucher is usually included in your virtual training package. When you´re ready to sit your exam, you just book it with the exam provider. You can sit most exams from home or at a local test centre. We’re here to help you with that process.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
Your Readynez Course package includes the exam voucher for Microsoft exams, AWS exams, ISO Exams and almost every other exam.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at email@example.com.