Learn how to create, manipulate and administer a database on this Microsoft MTA Database Fundamentals course. You’ll learn the basics of relational databases, data security concepts and how to implement T-SQL.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
Module 1: Understanding Core Database Concepts
- Understand how data is stored in tables
- Understand what a relational database is, the need for relational database management systems (RDBMS), and how relations are established
- Work with the data manipulation language (DML)
- Study data definition language (DDL)
- Utilise T-SQL to create database objects, such as tables and views
Module 2: Creating Database Objects
- Learn what data types are, why they are important and how they affect storage requirements
- Understand and create tables
- How to create and use views by using T-SQL or a graphical designer
- Create stored procedures and functions
Module 3: Manipulating Data
- Utilise SELECT queries to extract data from one table, extract data by using joins, combine result sets by using UNION and INTERSECT
- Understand how data is inserted into a database, how to use INSERT statements
- Update data in a database and learn how to write the updated data to the database by using the appropriate UPDATE statements, update by using a table
- Delete data from single or multiple tables, ensure data and referential integrity by using transactions
Module 4: Understanding Data Storage
- Understand the reasons for normalisation, the five most common levels of normalisation, how to normalise a database to third normal form
- Choose appropriate primary keys, select appropriate data type for keys, select appropriate fields for composite keys and understand the relationship between foreign and primary keys
- Learn the purpose of clustered and non-clustered indexes in a database
Module 5: Administering a Database
- Learn database security concepts
- How to secure a database: what objects can be secured, what objects should be secured, user accounts and roles
- How to implement various backup types, such as full and incremental
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at email@example.com.