P3O is the single source of information that you need for guidance on setting-up or running an effective delivery support office. It enables you to establish, develop and maintain appropriate business support structures for portfolio, programme and project management activities.
Your course package is designed to provide maximum learning and convenience. This is included in the price of your course:
Your expert instructor will get you ready for the following exams and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
This course has no specific prerequisites.
Using our engaging learning methodology including a variety of tools, we’ll cover the entire curriculum.
You'll gain an understanding of the:
- High-level P3O model and it’s component offices
- Differences between portfolio, programme and project management
- Key functions and services of a P3O
- Arguments for establishing a P3O model
- Differences between types of P3O model and the factors that influence selection of the most appropriate model
- Processes to implement or re-energise a P3O
- Tools and techniques used by a P3O
- Purpose and major responsibilities of all roles
You'll also learn how to apply P3O guidance to design, implement and manage a P3O model, including how to:
- Define the business case to get senior management approval for the P3O
- Build the right P3O model to adapt to the organisation’s needs, taking account of the organisation’s size and portfolio, programme and project management maturity
- Identify the most suitable roles required to populate a specified P3O structure
- Plan the implementation of a P3O
- Use tools and techniques in running the P3O and advising those who shape the portfolio of programmes and projects
You'll learn all the above by covering the following topics:
- Key P3RM and P3O definitions
- What is a P3O, including P3O objectives and how a P3O helps to deliver change
- The organisational context of P3O
- The governance, responsibilities and services of a P3O
Why have a P3O?
- The ways that a P3O can help an organisation deliver it’s strategy
- Principles for measuring the performance improvement to be delivered by a P3O
- How a P3O can help an organisation deliver change and add value
- How to engage stakeholders and identify their needs
- The approach to getting the right investment in P3O
- Approaches to planning the implementation of a P3O
Models and Tailoring
- The functional areas within a P3O model
- Where a P3O should report
- The main P3O model types and key features
- The three main concepts of Information Assurance
- The different functions and services offered by the different functional areas within a P3O
- How the different features of a P3O support an organisation in delivering change
- P3O reporting arrangements
- P3O assurance functions and services and how they can be delivered
- How a P3O enables governance
- Integrating the P3O model with the wider organisation
- Sizing of a P3O for a permanent or temporary office
Implement and Re-energise
- The processes and activities of the P3O lifecycle
- The purpose, key areas of focus, activities and characteristics of the P3O
- The key success factors of a P3O
- Activities to re-energise a P3O
Tools and Techniques
- The way tools and techniques are delivered by a P3O, and used by the P3O community
- Typical P3O techniquest to support business processes
- Strategic benefits of embedding tools and techniques
- The factors involved in the tailoring of programme and project approaches
- The high-level purpose of each management role, including P3O Sponsor, Head of P3O, Head of Programme and Project Office
- The high-level purpose of each generic role, including Portfolio Analyst, Programme or Project Specialist, Programme or Project Officer
- The skills and attributes of each role
- The key responsibilities of each role
- P3O resources and team structure
The Virtual Classroom is an online room, where you will join your instructor and fellow classmates in real time. Everything happens live and you can interact freely, discuss, ask questions, and watch your instructor present on a whiteboard, discuss the courseware and slides, work with labs, and review.
Yes, you can sit exams from all the major Vendors like Microsoft, Cisco etc from the comfort of your home or office.
With Readynez you do any course form the comfort of your home or office. Readynez provides support and best practices for your at-home classroom and you can enjoy learning with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Plus you'll save the cost and the environmental burden of travelling.
Well, learning is limitless, when you are motivated, but you need the right path to achieve what you want. Readynez consultants have many years of experience customizing learner paths and we can design one for you too. We are always available with help and guidance, and you can reach us on the chat or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.